What's new

CPU Emulation bugs & Debugger

gamefreaks

Does the new 1964 code have better CPU emulation? By that, I mean there are a few games that still have real problems running and seem to be CPU problems.

Eg: GT64. Locks up, needs pause/unpause to continue play.

World Driver Championship: Not sure about the uCode, but other games with unsupported uCodes (eg: battle for nabo) will run fine with the CFB plugin. (albeit without graphics) This one crashes after a couple of seconds.

Top Gear Overdrive: Crashes at intro.

Does the new 1964 fix these? Also will 1964 (or any other emu for that matter) have some debugging tools that allow you to view and step through code and view memory etc? This would be really useful for trying to support unsupported games.

schibo

Emulator Developer
gamefreaks said:
Does the new 1964 code have better CPU emulation? By that, I mean there are a few games that still have real problems running and seem to be CPU problems.

Eg: GT64. Locks up, needs pause/unpause to continue play.

World Driver Championship: Not sure about the uCode, but other games with unsupported uCodes (eg: battle for nabo) will run fine with the CFB plugin. (albeit without graphics) This one crashes after a couple of seconds.

Top Gear Overdrive: Crashes at intro.

Does the new 1964 fix these? Also will 1964 (or any other emu for that matter) have some debugging tools that allow you to view and step through code and view memory etc? This would be really useful for trying to support unsupported games.

1st question: Yes. TGO works fine. GT64 is a different story. I don't know about WDC and the microcode.

2nd question: Of course--you can't write an emulator without a debugger. The last few releases of 1964 in the past years don't have public debugging tools available to end-users. You might want to try Nemu.

Last edited: