What's new

Core Jit32?

jos90

Hi to all people! When i play games on dolphin svn 2133, it appears core jit32.. maybe it means the processor of the pc but.. i have a dual core, and i have enabled the dual core option! Why it continues to show it as CORE JIT32? Or maybe is referred to the Windows? I have the XP x86... can someone tell me any explanations?

OP
J

jos90

Yes of course, becauser i haven't got windows xp 64bit so i can't use the Dolphin 64bit version... right? Or with the common Windows can i use anyway the dolphin 64?

Toasty

Sony battery
You can only run 64-bit applications on 64-bit operating systems. There are some special exceptions but Dolphin is not one of them.

DjPong

ok thank you! =) can you also tell me what is JitIL?

Jit improves speed because it saves the "value of its calculation in it's cache" so it doesnt need to recalculate it. :p Something like that.

It improves speed with ALOT xD That's what most users want to know. Don't know what the IL means :p but I don't care that much actually.

Xtreme2damax

You can only run 64-bit applications on 64-bit operating systems. There are some special exceptions but Dolphin is not one of them.

I don't know if that was a mistake, but you can run 32-bit apps on x64/64-bit operating systems such as Windows XP x64 and Vista x64 using the Wow64 emulation layer.

32-bit applications and games run just as good on Vista/XP x64 as they would on a normal 32-bit Windows install..

However, 32-bit Windows will only be able to run 32-bit applications and games. ;)

In response to the op, the "32" in JIT32 means that you are running the 32-bit build of Dolphin with the 32-bit JIT core recompiler, which is slightly slower than the 64-bit builds of Dolphin.

If you were running the 64-bit build of Dolphin, it would say JIT64. It has nothing to do with how many cores your processor has.

Toasty

Sony battery
The intention of my ambiguous statement was to say that 64-bit programs run only on 64-bit operating systems; they will not run on 32-bit operating systems. ;)