What's new

Controls questions

Sgt_Slaughter1

So i when i play the banjo kazooie games (and maybe others i have yet to check) when i press the up key, the left key and then the space bar (my A button) he wont jump and my lap top is brand new (bout a week old) so i dont think theres any problems with the keys and it does the same thing when i press down and right and then space sooo any solutions? plug ins i can down load? or am i just not gonna get to play one of my favorite childhood games? lol

Toasty

Sony battery
With the possible exception of modifier keys like Shift, keyboards can usually only input two keys simultaneously. By far the most preferable solution is to use a real gaming controller.

OP
S

Sgt_Slaughter1

well thats what i thought at first too but i find it weird that its only up&left then space and down&right then space like down&left then space and up&right then space work perfectly fine but on another note how much would a n64 emulator controller like object (lol) cost? and where would i find one? and while im at it if im shelling out the cash what would be a good one to buy?

Toasty

Sony battery
You can use any joystick that Windows will recognize. There are also inexpensive USB adapters for various console controllers (including the N64's) if you already have one that you'd like to be able to use with your computer. I've been trying out this N64-USB adapter lately and have been satisfied (though you'll need an N64 controller that's in good working order). Otherwise, like I said, you can use any controller your computer recognizes. Just bare in mind that the N64 controller had a quirky button layout, so you might have to get creative when it comes to mapping buttons from your controller to the emulated console.