What's new

Controls for Project 64.

xXNintendoXx

Can someone show me the default controls for this emulator? I know that Z= Z button, X=A button, C= B button, A= L button, and S= R button. Can someone tell me the button used for the C-buttons?

Last edited:

Fr0

Actually, somewhat on topic.. would it be too much to ask for an overwrite or clear all option? Jeez that's frustrating setting keys! :p Most other progs will warn you, then overwrite. Not a bad idea IMO.

Also, is there any way to possible integrate the mouse into the controls? I'd love that as using the crosshair in Goldeneye is impossible with keys! :(

Fr0

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use the N-rage input plugin and download the Mouse + Keyboard from the N-Rage homepage as well. Load the preset in the input plugin configuration dialog and change whatever keys you don't feel comfortable with.

Fr0

Ah crap, I think I might be missing a file or somehting.. I downloaded the N-Rage DirectInput8 Plugin from this site, and got Goldeneye-KeyMouse.cpf.. but normally the config files are .jsp, therefore I can't load it. I have to assume there is some sort of converter I'm missing?

Fr0
*Edit* Nevermind, I got it thanks. :) I went Ctrl+T and changed the settings under controls, there was a drop down. :D

Last edited:

SeymourOmnis

Well, you could buy an USB controller, that's a great solution because playing PJ64 with the keyboard sucks horribly. I myself use a Genius MaxFire Blaze 2, it is an usb controler that can also connect to a PS2, and as you may have guessed, a PS2 controller has more buttons than the N64's.

If not, try this recommended keyboard settings:

a=z, b=x, z=c, l=a, r=s, start=enter, C-up=y, C-left=g, C-right=j, C-down=h

for digital pad/analog stick use the normal arrow keys.

You can also save and load settings for other games