What's new

controllerpads/adaptoids etc

quixos

i would like advice on the best controller pad/pads for n64 snes and ps1 games. i probably would need one for each, yes?

suggestions on adaptoids and things like that. price IS an issue. would like to set up my machine to play these games for under 70 u.s. bucks. yep. ;)

i'm going to be playing mostly n64 games and snes games.

i'm really amazed by the smoothness of sound in nemu64 with zelda ocarina of time. but perhaps there is a better emulator for that particular game.

all suggestions and advice will be analyzed. no comments posted to me will be wasted! :) i'm ON FIRE to play these games on my pc!

OP
Q

quixos

adaptoid/controller

i would like to know what adaptoid and controller i should get to play Zelda 2 Majoras Mask, and other n64 games with pj64.

any advice would be appreciated. don't want to spend a fortune, but would like a controller that is solid. looking on the web for controllerpads there are so many choices.

i've tested a few of these emulators with Majoras Mask, but this one is blowing me away! :D

tho this game is what i want to play, i'd like to play others as well. do all play so well?

thanks

Clements

If I had a little cash, I'd get an adaptoid and an Official N64 controller. This will by far give you the best experience with any N64 game.

Things like aiming the bow in Majora's Mask, and aiming your weapon in Goldeneye will be much easier than any other pad!

pandamoan

Banned
quixos said:
i would like advice on the best controller pad/pads for n64 snes and ps1 games. i probably would need one for each, yes?

suggestions on adaptoids and things like that. price IS an issue. would like to set up my machine to play these games for under 70 u.s. bucks. yep. ;)

i'm going to be playing mostly n64 games and snes games.

i'm really amazed by the smoothness of sound in nemu64 with zelda ocarina of time. but perhaps there is a better emulator for that particular game.

all suggestions and advice will be analyzed. no comments posted to me will be wasted! :) i'm ON FIRE to play these games on my pc!

i personally use logitech wingman rumblepads, with no adverse opinions, however some friends prefer other brands, and some even like the adaptoid/n64 controller, which you COULD setup for cheap if you shopped around.

but it's tougher.

i like 1964 and either jabo 1.5 or the latest rice incarnation for almost every game. however sound is always an issue. i can't wait for the new release. :D

OP
Q

quixos

my apologies for double posting. i WILL read the rules in future, but was too damned excited when this game worked on my computer to THINK! ;)

i will be getting an official controller. cause why not?

if anyone has any ideas on reputable resellers let me know. i'll try and wait 12 more hours before i order one.

man, i have such great memories of zoning out on these games it'll be tough to wait for a response!

revl8er

That Damn Good
If you got the money, order the adaptoid, because it's the best n64 adapter you can buy. It supports rumble also. If you don't have money to burn you can go with the n64/psx usb adapter which you can get really cheap. The only thing is it don't support rumble features.

OP
Q

quixos

thank you for your help and advice!

i've ordered an adaptoid and an official black controller pad.

looks like i'm good to go! :D

Martin

Administrator
quixos said:
thank you for your help and advice!

i've ordered an adaptoid and an official black controller pad.

looks like i'm good to go! :D
Nice one, you won't be disappointed. :D
I've found no disadvantages with the N64 Adaptoid, it works with all controllers with rumble and transfer support, and is very cleverly designed. On top of that, the drivers are excellent.