What's new

Controller Setup Problems

Weslapootayn

Hi, I'm having problems with my controller configuration in Project 64. For 'Conker's Bad Fur Day' I had 'R' set up as the 'Z' button (by the way I have the Wingman Actionpad controller). When I play games like 'Donkey Kong 64' or 'Banjo Kazooie', i change 'R' back to the 'R' button since I need it. Today I went back to change the 'R' button back to 'Z' and when i clicked 'R' to change it, it set the button as "Z +". I kept trying to change the 'R' button to 'Z' but it kept coming up as "Z +" and when i played the game Conker was constantly crouched down. Not only that, i also couldn't change the OTHER controls, I just got an error message (Click to Enlarge)

If you can't see the picture, the error message said, "Sorry the input selection made is already in use". Can anybody help me out? I'm clueless....

Jesterhead

A plugin for PJ64 that handles input devices like controllers, leyboard and mouse.
I don´t know if the plugin you use has a problem, but you should try to always post the version of PJ64 you use, and be sure to have the latest drivers and DirectX installed on you computer.

Normaly you should use the latest PJ64, which contains the latest Versions of Jabo´s Plugins, but sometimes you must try to use another plugin (for example N-rage´s input plugin), or try to use a older Version of a plugin. Jabos Plugins only distributed with PJ64, so download an older Version of it and copy the Plugin from the Old Version to the new version of Project64, but be sure to save the new Version.

(So Snesmaster thinks you should try to you PJ64 1.5 input plugin)

For example go into the "Plugin"-Folder of Project64 (when you installed it), and copy the right .dll-file to the Plugin-Folder of ther PJ64 Version.

And its always not bad to read the manual coming with PJ64 :p

-Edit- Ups, i see you use the latest Version of PJ64 :p

Last edited:
OP
W

Weslapootayn

OK, I'll try that, thanks. Also, i tried the n rage plugin and it was weird.... When i played the buttons didn't work, but if i hit a button then went to setting then came back to the game, the action would preform....so I know my controller isn't dead. I will try the older plugin though, thanks.