What's new

Controller Issues

Steviec2k4

Hi, great Emu...

However, I've ran into some controller issues.

First of all, I messed around with the default imput plugin for Chankast, and found that there was no imput for my controllers digital directional pad. I switched to Elsemi's plugin, and configured my controller.

Next, I booted Chanka up and it began loading the game up. However, the game quickly resets to the bios screen, and I seem to lose some control over the movement, and my curser goes flying around the screen.

I've tried to configure my controller several times, and even replaced the bios. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Mant0r

-0r
No problems here on both my X-Arcade or my Saitek P3000 Wireless.

Maybe its a specific compatability problem with your controller?

What brand/model is it?

OP
S

Steviec2k4

It is a Saitek P2500 Rumble controller. I should also note that I have had no problems using the pad with any other sort of software.

Mant0r

-0r
Strange, the 2500 is pretty much the same as the 3000. I will give it a better test with the pad when I get home this evening as I mostly stick to using the x-arcade.

I do remember having some issues with the D-pad when I first tried it but I'm pretty sure I got it working... will report back later :)

[edit] as a side note, I think the drivers for the pad should allow it to emulate a keyboard. Could you try making the D-pad work as if it's pressing keys?

Last edited:

Samus

Hmm, very odd. I have the same pad (Saitek P2500 Rumble) and it works fine for me... I'd just try deleting your input plugins and replacing them with clean ones and reconfigure.

OP
S

Steviec2k4

I've narrowed the problem down. It only happens when I have more than one controller enabled... If I only have one enabled, I get no problem. The game I'm playing (Fire Pro-Wrestling D), and it requires to use many, many, MANY VMU's... Is there any way around this?

ElSemi

The pad plugin supports only 2 joypads, if you connect more than 2 controllers in the maple config screen, strange things might happen, I'll try to solve that for the next version