What's new

Controller Issues with Saitek P3000 (how to configure)

plefkow

Using Project64. Just got a Saitek P3000 controller. The joystick is recognized by WinXP and works with other software, but Project64 does not reocognize it.Under Configure Input, Saitek P3000 RF Game-Pad shows up (controller is plugged in is elected). Also Jabo's DirectINput7 1.5 is selected.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot? I have read the help files, but cannot seem to figure out what I need to get Project 64 to recognize the joystick. Also, once I get the joystick recognized, what is the optimal button configuration?

Last edited:

Allnatural

First, don't copy and paste a board post into my PM box. I really fucking hate that.

Now, you haven't clearly explained what the problem is. You've selected your gamepad from the drop-down list in the input plugin...good, that's the first step. Then, you click the little box next to the input you want to assign, and when you press a button on your pad it isn't registered in the plugin?

OP
P

plefkow

Thanks for your post. Yes, when in the configure input screen, when I select button say Digital L then I hit that button on the joystick, nothing happens. The joystick is not recognized by Project64. Thank you in advance for any suggestions on how trouble shoot.

xamenus

If you haven't already, it doesn't hurt to make sure you have the latest version of DirectX, latest input drivers etc.

Or, the plugin may simply not work well with it. Try other input plugins, such as N-Rage's plugin, and see if they work. :)

OP
P

plefkow

Thanks for your post. Yes, latest drivers. What do others with the same joystick have as their software/plugin confirguation?

Last edited:

xamenus

I assume that you're asking where to map the Z button? Well, I don't have a gamepad, but I assume that a button on the side of the controller (shoulder triggers) or the top of it will work. The others should be self explanatory. :)

Allnatural

If your gamepad is selectable from the drop-down list I see no reason why it wouldn't work, but maybe Jabo's plugin is just weird. Grab N-Rage's plugin from the download section. Maybe it will play nice with your pad.

OP
P

plefkow

Allnatural said:
If your gamepad is selectable from the drop-down list I see no reason why it wouldn't work, but maybe Jabo's plugin is just weird. Grab N-Rage's plugin from the download section. Maybe it will play nice with your pad.

What is link the Grab N-Rage's plugin from the download section?