What's new

Conker's BFD trouble...

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Major apologies.

Anyway, haven't seen this problem posted yet, but with any plugin in 1964, Conker's BFD gets just up to the N64 logo twisting around (about to get cut up) and then totally freezes. As does sound. It freezes slowly though, like it takes a second for the video and audio to grind to a halt.

I've tried not using an RSP plugin but that made things worse. Seemed okay in PJ64.

Ideas...?

revl8er

That Damn Good
What plugin are u using, because I don't get any error like that on my fx5900 using the 56.64 drivers with rice's plugin.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Rice's 5.6.0 and Jabo's. Whatever I do I still seem to get the error. As I say though, in PJ64 things are great.

Here's the last frame displayed during the freeze. Always the same place...

Last edited:

sultanoswing

Yeah - I had so much trouble playing Conker's on 1964 I eventually had to give it up and play it on PJ64. Same problem (although not at the startup screen!)...I got repeated random freezes using the quicksave and quickloads (F5 etc).

My Specs:
PIII 1.2
Geforce 440MX (w/56.72 drivers)
Win XP/SP1

1964 0.99
Rice 5.6.0 (also 5.5.1)
Jabo's 1.5 (tried almost all others, no better - Azimer incorrectly has channels reversed)
no rsp (tried 'em all - no better)
N-rage 1.82 (no rumble!)

Recommended for this game (no crashes!):
PJ64 w/service patch
Rice 5.5.1 (didn't try 5.6.0)
- Limited 2 stage combiner
- Hide Framebuffer effects
Azimer 0.55 Alpha (works perfectly)
N-rage 1.82 (rumble works!)

Good luck!!

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Argh, Jabo's works fine in PJ64 but Rice's just doesn't... hideous graphical errors.

Do you have a full list of settings at all, sultan? Perhaps some screenshots of your graphics config...

Appreciated

Pöööö!!! =)

Um, I've occured a Conker problem too, different from yours, though but I thought I might ask some help here anyway...The thing is this: When I load the cd, the opening video goes just normal and all but when I try to play it, it says that the controller isn't there(actually "no controller"-note is there already while the video goes on) Can you help me? Is it possible to adjust the keyboard to be the controller? Or do I need the original-*sigh*-nintendo controller?

Thanks.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Argh damn it couldn't you have started your own thread?!

Anyway for your problem just go into your controller plugin config and make sure you've got 'Plugged' or equivalent ticked.

Now, my little problem...?

Clements

Weird, it works for me. I use Jabo's D3D/Sound/Input/PJ64 RSP, but making sure that the audio is sync'd to gameplay (otherwise you get weird gfx glitches).

-Shadow-

Banned
Conkers Crashes on my system since this point , if i use any emulate clear options ( in jabo's + Rice's ) . And it has got graphic glitches with Rices if I use PJ64 RSP , but they are fixed if i put sysnch game to audio on .

Conkers BFD looks sweet with Rice's 5.6.0 ! *thumbs up*

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Here are the settings I use on my fx5900u which is the same card as you if I'm not mistaking, if it don't work then you might wanna check your rom with goodn64.

Plugins:
Rice's 5.6.0
Schibo's audio 1.2
Nrage's 1.80a Plugin
PJ64's RSP

1st: Pic in game.
2nd: General settings.
3rd: DirectX settings
4th: Current game settings.

Last edited:
OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Well I have the entire GoodN64 romset, so I doubt that a bad dump is the problem here, but I'll check the European version to see whether that makes any difference.

Anyway, I tried those *exact* settings, and it STILL froze at the same place! This is beginning to seriously piss me off now...

The game runs fine with PJ64 and Jabo's, but 1964 and Rice's just doesn't seem to work.

:-(

I'll report back with results of using the (E) ROM.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Yeargh!

Thank christ...

Followed your suggestion and checked out the (E) ROM; it worked.

Sooooo I had a look at the ROM properties assigned to the (E) version and then the (U) ROM. Fiddled around a bit, and matched the American ROM's settings to the European cart's.

Low and behold... it worked!

Let that be a lesson to any of you messing around with ROM properties! I must have messed it up eons ago. Anyway, watch what you're doing...

Thanks for the help all.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
It is a known problem that 1964 0.99 could freeze in Conker due to timing problems in both core and audio/video, but you should be able to go much further than just the intro. I have managed to finish the whole game recently with 1964 0.99. At the meantime, my PJ64 just does not work with my Conker ROM at all. I suggest you to download the original 1964 package in order to replace your 1964 RomProperties.ini file.