What's new

Conkers Bad Fur Day With Glide 64 at 20 FPS and 1.7 errors

Salty85

Hello, I am having a problem now with conkers bad fur day, When I use Glide Wonder ++, it shows the FPS meter on screen differently than Project 64. Most games show up as 30 FPS in the Glide FPS meter, when project 64 in the corner
shows 60 (I am guessing that is the frame rate the game goes at through the emulator for the glide, and the project 64 one shows the render speed for the computer). But in Conker, Project 64 shows 60 FPS, while glide shows only 20, and I can notice it does seem to be a bit slower. The frames are constant but not as smooth as I would like. It is hard to test if it is a genuine Glide issue or not, since that seems to be the only plugin with the different meter unless I am missing something.

Also

When I use Project 64 1.7 beta, the "For Mature Audiences Only" Screen runs at around .5-1.5 Frames a second. After much testing it seems that if you use 1.5, the problem goes away. Anyone know why? And this happened with any plugin any setting in 1.7.

:paperbag: + :ninja: = :spiderman

Setup: PJ64 1.7.0.46, Glide Wonder ++, and the 2 base jabo plugins (will take good suggestions for alternatives for sound and input)

Dell Inspiron 6000, 1.6 Ghz Pentium M, 1 GB Ram, XP Pro, X300 128 MB dedicated, 7200 RPM 60 GB HD., Playstation 2 controller. (playing on TV)

Self Made System: ASROCK 939dual-SATAII, X800 AIW XT 256 MB (AGP), 4400+ X2 Athlon, 2 GB Ram, 750 GB HD, Playstation 2 Controller

OP
S

Salty85

OK, well, the main problem (I can use 1.5 without being too upset), is the FPS issue.

mudlord

Banned
Well, why don't you try 1.6?

1.6 should emulate the game fine. Sounds like a video plugin issue than a core issue.

However, seriously, 1.7 related stuff should be posted to the official PJ64 1.7 beta forum. Leaked versions are completely unsupported and support is not offered for them.

EDIT: Just checked CBFD on the newest official PJ64 beta, works perfect. A definate video plugin issue.

Last edited:
OP
S

Salty85

Um. A) I didn't go ahead and get a leaked version, B) I have seen this issue come up a few times with old builds on different forums so I did not think it was an isolated issue.

And anyway, I said I was using 1.5 primarily, I will try 1.6 (was not connected to the internet at the time and was using a backup version I had). Anyway for arguments sake, let's say I am going to be using 1.6, I will try it when I get home. But I want to try and use glide wonder ++ to give me the shadows and other lighting things that the other plugins as far as I know don't support.

Last edited:
OP
S

Salty85

Found something interesting, when I facing a wall, the plugin shows 30 FPS, but if I am in a big open area, like in the beginning when I am talking to birdy, it caps at 20, though the lower righthand corner shows it is still running at 60 FPS