What's new

Configuration( please read it!)

guirc

:) My emulators are not running good at all. I have an AMD k62 450 mhz processor, 288 MB ram, a voodoo3 3000 PCI, crystal soundfusion sound board and win ME. I was using PJ64, Ultra HLE, Nemu 64, Unreal, but when the graphic is good, the sound is slow, when the graphic is slow, the sound is too. What do I have to do? Can you tell me the best configuration for me to use? Does anybody else have a voodoo 3 running slowly?

Thanks a lot

OP
G

guirc

well...

Well, mario 64, zelda, snowboard kids, duke nukem etc. They are running very much slowly.

Ice Blitz

Your processor is too slow to effectively run PJ64. You'd need at least a 600 MHz with just about all the options off. In fact, I think the minimum requirements on v1.4 is 700 MHz.

With that processor, you're probably running 20-30 fps at most. Just a guess, I grant you, but you'll never get the full 60 fps out of a 450 MHz. :hrm:

Martin

Administrator
Your system is too slow for PJ64 and Nemu64, your CPU is your bottle neck. Some games will run fine on UltraHLE, if not, try Corn.

:emutalk1:

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
First check Corn (Superfast but Little compatibility)
if that doesn't work try UltraHLE (Less faster then Corn but a little bit more compatibility)

And for PJ64 and Nemu your processor is just too damn slow , sorry dude.

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
try getting a direct3d based graphics card, voodoo cards use glide. also...

im not entirely sure on this, but as i understand it your procesor actually runs like a 250 with 1964, pj64, apollo, basically your amd doesn't have sse or mmx, so if youre not getting good framerates then use corn or ultrahle like the other guys said, or you can upgrade your graphics card and(or) processor, both will help.

Not true.

Running PJ64 on a 450 mhz AMD with Voodoo 3 card, XP.

Fast, no problems graphics wise.

Sound though, f****d on all emulators, same problem on each one, tends to repeat itself, echo.

The specs quoted for use are way too high on most emulators (with the exception of Nemu, which runs like an asthmatic snail).

My only piece of generally crap advice would be to turn off any crap that you have running in the background. I'll post the plugins that I'm using for each emulator when I get home, and this might help you too.

Best wishes, hope this helps.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heh, the "way too high" specs are so you get good sound. But congrats on being happy with it on a 450 (Seriously, it means unlike most people you're not a whiny jealous b**ch) ;)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i was just thinking (and this should be in the general forum) people still say "oh uHLE/Corn are still good for old systems", but they're not are they, PJ64/1964 are still better, except if you're talking about old Voodoo support, and hopefully that wont be the case either if Dave2001 keeps going on his (ridiculously fast-developing) plugin.

Thanks for your comments.

But I'm certain that the sound problem is not to do with the specs, when I first ran PJ64 the sound was perfect. But then, (and for no explicable reason) it just started sounding like Mario and princess Peach (or whatever her name is) were in an echo chamber. The speed of the speech is still at the proper speed.

BTW Good news:

I ran a competition for quickest emulator on my P.C., and PJ64 won it by a couple of frames. Winners prize, is a tobacco pouch made from the skin of my left testicle. Where can I send it to the lucky author ?

Cheers

"No mother, not the sailors outfit again, I beg you !!"