What's new

Concerning Perfect Dark...

stunt_man

I seem to be having some problems with Perfect Dark.

Here are my specs:

2.4 GHz
256 RAM
RADEON 9600 XT 128MB
Windows XP

And, here are my problems (in order of importance):

-Team colours do not show up in multiplayer

-Nightvision doesn't work (solid, scrambled image appears on screen)

PerfectDarkUV1.jpg

-The camspy doesn't work (solid, scrambled image appears on screen)

v3Project642005-11-2021-11-22-40.jpg

-IR Scanner does not work

2.jpg

-Strange light-blue cracks appear in the walls in the Carrington Institute

v3Project642005-11-2021-12-07-28.jpg

Now, I've had a look around, and the only problems that I can relate to elsewhere are the ones with the Camspy, IR Scanner and Nightvision. Other problems that I've read about but don't have are: no sky, no blur effect, slow fps, etc.

I have no idea where these problems come from; whether I have a bad ROM, or I'm not using the best plug-ins - I have no idea. This is where I could use your help.

Thanks.

EDIT: What would be the best place to download different plug-ins? I know there used to be a section dedicated to this on the old PJ64 site, but i can't seem to find one now...

On that note, what would be the best plug-ins to use for playing Perfect Dark?

Last edited:

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Well, obviously the problems are system dependent so I can't really help you in regards to settings and whatnot, but there's a plugin section on this very forum. Plugins? I'm not all too sure, I haven't really had too many problems with PD, but good ones are Rice's plugin (6.1.1 beta10 or just 6.1.0), gln64/Direct64, Glide64 and Jabo's plugins. Mess around with those and see what works (you might want to record the original settings, though).

Hopefully Clements, Smiff and the like can drop in for a visit and help you out.

OP
stunt_man

stunt_man

Alright, thanks guys, I'll try this out and say if that helps.

Clements, Smiff, the likes... where are you!? lol

EDIT: I've got good news! I found the source of a few of the problems. If I set the screen size set to anything besides "Full," the Camspy and Nightvision goggles don't work. To fix it, all I had to do was go to the video options menu (in Perfect Dark) and switch the screen size back to full. I hope this helps anyone else that was having these problems...

On the other hand, I still haven't found a way to fix the problem with the IR scanner. Now, instead of the scrambled image you see above, it reflects the last thing seen with the Camspy (I think).

I also haven't found a way to fix the blue cracks that appear in the Carrington Institute or the "team colour" problem. These are moderately minor problems, but they are problems all the same. I'm going to try to find a way to fix them, and I'll post here if I ever come across any breakthroughs.

In the meantime, is anyone else having any peculiar problems with PD? If you are experiencing any of the issues above (or other), let this be the thread that solves it all.

PS: Clements, Smiffs?

Last edited: