What's new

Compiling source code?

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi Guys,

I've just downloaded the source code zip of the daedalus 0.08b.

After taking a peek inside the zip, some baffled looks and a 5 minute scratching of the head, :I decided to have a look around on the board about it.

From what I've gathered from reading the forums in here I have to "compile" it....yes?

Ok, starting from the assumption that all I've ever managed to compile is an inventory of my underwear ....you know, wearable, dubious staining, but recoverable via bleaching and a couple of boil washes before mum sees them.....that kinda thing.

What software will I be needing to start this journey toward dll nirvana, and is it free ? (if it's not free, it will be by the time I've finished searching for it anyway).

BTW what the hell is the "binary" , and why is it different from the "source code" ?

All help is as always much appreciated :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you don't need to compile the source if you just want to use the software - the 'binary' is the result of someone else compiling it for you :)

OP
D

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Thanks Smiff,

And congratulations, you can choose a prize from the middle shelf sir.

I think I'll cut out the middle man and get the binary now.

Although if you want to hang in there and answer more of my questions whilst I try and compile the source, I'll let you have a shot at winning something for the "special lady in your life", from the top shelf . (Don't worry it'll arrive discreetly wrapped in plain brown paper)

Nod, nod, wink , wink.

BTW, is there any benefit to be gained from compiling it yourself ? It's something I wouldn't mind having a go at when I've got a spare couple of minutes between changing s**t filled nappies, and beating the wife.

Thanks again. :)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There isn't much gain in compiling it yourself, unless you change the code so that it compiles diffrent.

OP
D

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Bloody Hell,

I learn how to compile something for the first time, and within hours Epsilon and RM release the source code for UHLE in celebration, for me.

I didn't even realise they read my posts

Thanks RM, but you're gonna have to give me a little more time to produce anything substantial for the guys.

:bunny:

ooohhh rabbit, still living, I'll deal with that one later.