What's new

Compatibility? 1.3 or 1.4?

cablecity

??? ??? ??? well, ok, the pj1.4 is out and, yes, its great!!!

but the compatibility from the 1.3 is better or.......???????

maybe i'm wrong, but i think the 1.4 is better for only a few new games and games that worked in 1.3, now or they dosnt work or they work bad...

where is a real compatibility list with all the games and the pg64 version that game plaing better??

can anybody create it????

thank from greece

flow``

flow``
If you want to play the more popular titles (PD, JFG, DKR) then they are 1.4 only

1.4 seems to offer more compatibility then 1.3 although theres no real proof of that other then the new games mentioned. GFX issues might be wrong in 1.4 opposed to 1.3 but you'll just have to try them out and see.. if i had the option i'd go with 1.4 since it covers the complete [!] set of entries

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well compatibility is definitely better in pj64 1.4 , and so is gfx in general. but it seems things are loads loads slower...in fact i basically cant use it on my pc. but.....if u hav a fast enuff computer...pj64 1.4 is better than pj64 1.3 in pretty much every way imaginable.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
AFAIK, the slowdowns are because of the fact that Jabo has rewritten the plugin, so that many effects are done with the software...

Glowstick

Just use 1.3 with Jano's new plugin. also dont use T&L. Most games work vetter in 1.3 with his new plugin. I find that 1.3 even crashes less. the only game that I found that works some what well with the 1.4 is Dkr. Also check out multiplayer n golden eye with 1.3 and the new pluginin.

BluDChyLD

yeah you can. I think this goes to show than the slow down isn't caused by jabo's 1.4 plugin, I think it has more to do with the core.
BluDChyLD

Glowstick

It seems like 1.3 runs alot of games smoother too. lol
He should of just released his new pluging. I do say that the audio sounds better on his new core so mabe thats where the slow down is??

arman

If you want to play smash brothers you should play it on pj64_1.3
it works very well.
But if you want to play multiplayer you should play it on pj1.4
becuse you cant play multiplayer on pj1.3
so you should play multiplayer on pj1.4..........................

OP
cablecity

cablecity

ok, i think all of the forum user think the same as me: the pj1.3 is FASTER than 1.4!!!!!

only in few games the new 1.4 is better

can anybody made a real compatibility list with all the games and the pj64 version that game plaing better??

thanks....

Smiff

Emutalk Member
can i just postulate for a moment about 1.4 being slower... have you all tried using the Dx6 port?!