What's new

Comments on Windows XP SP1

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
2bzy4ne1 said:
Eagle said:
BTW, this may sound odd, but I've never heard of this slipstream thing (except on Star Trek: Voyager, where it was a theoretical improved warp drive) can someone tell me what it is?
I'd like to know as well...???

Also have you ever heard of this .net thing? Microsoft says its supposed to revolutionize internet commerce, but its already on service pack 2 and I have yet to understand what *exactly* it is :happy:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Microsoft .NET is the Microsoft XML Web services platform. XML Web services allow applications to communicate and share data over the Internet, regardless of operating system, device, or programming language. The Microsoft .NET platform delivers what developers need to create XML Web services and stitch them together. The benefit to individuals is seamless, compelling experiences.

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/upgrade/dotnet_general.aspx

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Eagle said:
Microsoft .NET is the Microsoft XML Web services platform. XML Web services allow applications to communicate and share data over the Internet, regardless of operating system, device, or programming language. The Microsoft .NET platform delivers what developers need to create XML Web services and stitch them together. The benefit to individuals is seamless, compelling experiences.

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/upgrade/dotnet_general.aspx

Thats it? er....wasn't that the point of XML? I mean, damn, anybody can create XML content easy as is, and why do they need proprietary services for it? And I don't understand what about it that .net makes so "seemless", and why they named a compiler and operating system version .net.

I am still lost.

EDIT: Also I feel like it will be fun to play shithouse lawyer.

I reviewed the DRM EULA, and microsoft makes you acknowledge that they can put any updates on your system at any time, quite interesting.

On an unrelated note, I consider some content at the microsoft.com domain to be offensive to my political beliefs, so I am hereby configuring my router to block access to it from all computers within my private home network.

:devil:

Last edited:

adi

get out of my house
eagle, a slipstremed windows xp cd is one where the cd's installation files have already been updated with service pack 1. This means that once you do a clean install of xp with a slipstreamed disk, the updates are already there, you don't have to download anything else or go to windows update. Advantages are driver and software problems fixed in sp1 are in your computer before you install your first program.

flow``

flow``
yea..
i did it with Wink2 pro ( http://www.bink.nu/bootcd )

basically you rip the cd, apply the updates to it, and re-burn it, so the next time you isntall it you already have the updates ;)

i also did it last night with Office XP SP1 and SP2 ( http://www.viperlair.com/articles/guides/offxpsp1/offxpsp1.htm) (thnx evilone!)

usually system admins who have to maintain a lot of pc's will do this to save time and will also throw any drivers/updates on the cd so they dont have to be downloaded again and again

OP
R

ra5555

N64 Newbie
I don't know If I am allowed to post this link but here is one link that explain detaily how to apply SP1 with a pirated version of Windows XP

[REMOVED]

hopefull it will be allowed to stay :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Eagle

aka Alshain
OK guys cut it out or the entire thread goes bye bye. If you dont know if your allowed to post it then chances are, your not. Pirated material or information on pirated material is not allowed.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Heh, I operate on a 3 strikes policy. ;) I've already removed two illegal links/files :p

Stezo2k

S-2K
dont we all wana be one hehe, i wouldnt mind being one, but im sure theres too many at the moment anyways :)

stez

Eagle

aka Alshain
Actually there probably isnt enough, most of them dont visit the forums and dont moderate like they should. I guess they have better things to do :( Especially since Marty decided SuperMods were not working out, which is understandable, mods like me who could check any forum are now limited to mod powers in specific forums.

This isnt a bad thing though as the whole Admin/SuperMod/Mod thing was kind getting out of hand so now we just have 3 Admins (Marty, Redah, and Braveheart) and the rest of us are mods or staff members that only have abilities in specific places on the board. This was discussed in detail in the "Staff Only" forum and although Martin had already made his decision, most of us agreed it was for the best anyway. He has done some moving about, like he added me to this forum and IRC Quotes, but they are rarely in need of a moderator as people seem to be behaving, which makes my job easier.

I'm just glad I'm not a mod for Waaay Off Topic or Talk of the Town, cause I tried making some command decisions in there when I could and usually got screamed at for it :p Of course I've also tried to lighten up since then.

In short its really not all that big of a deal, those who arent moderators usually see it as some sort of power trip but its really not as you are limited to what you can do by the resident forum god, (namely Martin) and the rules he makes, we just try to enforce them and make suggestions to make them better.

RPGlover12

I think martin should make me and Anchel Moderators :devil: and were gonna rule the board like hell :devil: and we shuold become admins too ;)