What's new

Command Line ?

oooinpit

Is here a way to run this by way of command line? Ive been trying it like this:

C:\N64\1964EMU\1964.exe -f -v Jabo_Direct3D6.dll -a AudioBeta.dll -c Jabo_DInput.dll -r C:\N64\Roms\ -g BattleTanx(U)[!].v64

Thats just an example of the rom/directory and plugins i was using for that rom.

Is there something Im doing wrong?

Quvack

The emu not supporting command lines might be one cause of your troubles, not too sure tho :p

Edit: Ah my bad, I totally forgot about that. :huh:

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
according to rice, it does.... (re some thread where he commented on gln64 having a space in the dll, and it not working cause of that). That may only be in .99 beta though, since rice has all that new fun stuff.

edit: though now that I think about it, you can still use paramaters with spaces in them if you put quotes around them....

Last edited:
OP
O

oooinpit

I took all spaces out of the rom name to avoid that.

I was just curious about this because i had found the 8.3 readme (Smiff page) that stated this:

1. Command line argument support and optional file extension
association via Windows Explorer
1964 [-f] [-v video_plugin_filename] [-a audio_plugin_filename] [-c controller_plugin_filename] [-r directory] [-g rom_full_filename]

OP
O

oooinpit

Thanks for the help..I figured it out. I had to do it like this:

C:\N64\1964EMU\1964.exe -v Jabo_Direct3D6.dll -a AudioBeta.dll -g c:\n64\roms\battletanx.v64

I was just looking a way to play each game without having to change plugins all the time ... Now Ill just make a shortcut to 1964.exe for each game,rename the shortcut, and configure each accordingly.

jollyrancher

I didn't know you could do that. I'm wondering why one has made a front-end for this. You could even throw them in Emuloader if you know what you're doing and customize each game with each plugin config that works best so you don't ever have to adjust the settings again. Or sorta like oooinpit said, you can create a folder with 1964 game shortcuts and import a specific icon for each.

Last edited:
OP
O

oooinpit

It doesnt seem to work with spaces in the file name though. Someone had suggested using quotes around the filename if it had spaces, but it didnt work.

Anyone know if one can do this on PJ64?

karth95

Lord of the Cats
try ' 's instead of " ' s. (I bet that's gonna hurt someone's brain...) it's a unix convention, but you might get lucky.

(god knows I haven't in a long time, maybe someone else will....)

jollyrancher

No, it does work. I just think it's easier to set up custom shortcuts to the games so you don't have to manually change the video plugin for certain games. I use Jabo's for 80% of them, but there's a few that I use Glide64 and a few with Rice's. And once you set the parameters in the shortcuts, you don't have to remember what settings work best for each game and change them every third time you use the emulator.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I agree with Jollyrancher. I only play maybe 10 games frequently anyway, so why not setup shortcuts and make it easy to play without switching all the plugins around?

I imagine, and this is just a thought, that someone with enough time and knowledge could set it up so you could just double click on the rom, and have the windows registry setup so that it auto-loads 1964 with the right plugins for that rom.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Why not (for now anyway) simply create a shorcut just for 1964 with proper command line to switch the plugins to what you need? Then all you have to do is remember which games work with which shortcut. For instance

A shortcut called "1964-Jabo" would be like this "C:\N64\1964EMU\1964.exe -v Jabo_Direct3D6.dll -a AudioBeta.dll". Then another shorcut maybe called 1964-GLN64 would be setup like this "C:\N64\1964EMU\1964.exe -v glN64_v0.4.1.dll -a AudioBeta.dll".

Basically just leave out the ROM call and the filename.

jollyrancher

Excactly. And then you create an icon for each shortcut. It's tough finding lots of N64 icons... we should start some archive of N64 icons. Now it's going to be easy for my 5-year-old brother to use. No more configuring. Looks like this:

Last edited:

Hyper19s

Banned
well it sounds like it will take 10 minutes just for
one shortcut and if you got 10 games or more
then it might take you about 1hour 40minutes
to do all this .

Any way does this actuely work, flawlessly? because it sounds really hard to do.

Hyper19s

Banned
isnt this like the fourth thread for command lines.
theres like one for every emulator in the forum .??

whats the deal???

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
hypershadow1 said:
well it sounds like it will take 10 minutes just for
one shortcut and if you got 10 games or more
then it might take you about 1hour 40minutes
to do all this .

Any way does this actuely work, flawlessly? because it sounds really hard to do.

It took me about 20 minutes to learn how to do it the first time, make two shortcuts, and then scan the net for corresponding icons. I could probably make every sucessive one in 2 min. or less. So it's not that hard... and it does work pretty well, as long as you don't have different plugin settings for dif roms (it runs with the last-used settings).

OP
O

oooinpit

Doesnt take that long. Select however many ROMS you have and make a shortcut. There isnt but 4 or 5 different configs you will use for 1964. Just edit each shortcut and paste the proper configs in.

Hyper19s

Banned
oooinpit said:
Doesnt take that long. Select however many ROMS you have and make a shortcut. There isnt but 4 or 5 different configs you will use for 1964. Just edit each shortcut and paste the proper configs in.

hhmmm well sounds like once you get it done
all you got to do is click the icon .

but these icons are hard to find arent they