What's new

Colin Powell speech

2fast4u said:
overthrowing saddam = oil + revenge ... daddy demands it ;)

you have heard about the california energy crisis right?

hrm .. actually the sanctions prevent food and medication from being brought into the country .. the problem is split fifty fifty

you have just seen for yourself why the sanctions are useless. they go past saddam and hit the population cuz hes controlling everything. same thing with the food aid. saddam is a bastard, absolutely no doubt about that, but there is still no sense in keeping up sanctions that dont hurt him and make it even worse for his oppressed population.

germany, france and russia will probably face economic sanctions after the 2nd un resolution has been bashed off by their veto .. now where be that constitution..? /wanders off

First point: Now your saying things without backing them up..

Second: Calafornia is one state, one huge, massivley populated state with financially crippled energy suppliers because of some over-regulation

Third: If you agree Saddam is doing bad with the aid he gets, why should we lift the sanctions if he is just going to do the same?

Fourth: Please, I guess you also think Putin is gonna put the iron curtain back up and Cold War 2 is gonna start? Conspiracy theorys do not make a good political backbone from which to share your views. Sanctions on France, Germany and Russia there goes some of the biggest players in the world, I know you think Bush is stupid but give him a shred of credit, he knows how to breathe(!)

2fast4u

First point: Now your saying things without backing them up..

i am? actually its pretty obvious. the way u interpret things is always your own stuff tho.

btw, wheres j00 proof for the underhand deal? :p

Third: If you agree Saddam is doing bad with the aid he gets, why should we lift the sanctions if he is just going to do the same?

if hes going to do the same with or w/o sanctions, whats the point of sanctions? (rhetorical question) with sanctions in place there aint even chance for the population, w/o there is. plus, have u thought about what the sanctions make the iraqis think about the usa? im sure they will be rather suprised if the guys who have sanctioned em for 12 years AND bombed the shit out of their country come in and claim to bring them democracy ... *rolls eyes*

Fourth: Please, I guess you also think Putin is gonna put the iron curtain back up and Cold War 2 is gonna start? Conspiracy theorys do not make a good political backbone from which to share your views. Sanctions on France, Germany and Russia there goes some of the biggest players in the world, I know you think Bush is stupid but give him a shred of credit, he knows how to breathe

my bad, actually the statement was sarcasm

2fast4u said:

btw, wheres j00 proof for the underhand deal? :p

if hes going to do the same with or w/o sanctions, whats the point of sanctions? (rhetorical question) with sanctions in place there aint even chance for the population, w/o there is. plus, have u thought about what the sanctions make the iraqis think about the usa? im sure they will be rather suprised if the guys who have sanctioned em for 12 years AND bombed the shit out of their country come in and claim to bring them democracy ... *rolls eyes*

Blair stated on british tv that he could cut the underhand deal and in effect saddam would calm down a bit, but he wouldn't stop torturing his people.

Also, lets not forget sanctions aren't just imposed by the USA, but the UN, the USA are simply the biggest figure head and therefore scapegoat for hatred.

2fast4u

Blair stated on british tv that he could cut the underhand deal and in effect saddam would calm down a bit, but he wouldn't stop torturing his people.

could u date that statement?

Also, lets not forget sanctions aren't just imposed by the USA, but the UN, the USA are simply the biggest figure head and therefore scapegoat for hatred.

good point but the usa i not only a figure head but the leading power and usually the force that pushes for respective action. its not like they are only blamed for shit.