What's new

Code error in Zelda

robskinn

Hello everone,

I have ony just joined this forum, so bear with me.

I have been playing through Zelda with no problems - untill I got to the 2 Lizard men in the caves, whenever I hit them with my any weopon I receive a OlCode error and the emulation stops - I am running on win XP pro, from what I have gathered so far, could it be a rom problem - if so where can i get another zelda rom coz I can'not find one anywhere?

Please help me, as I have just won Medal of Honor and I have wanted to play Zelda on N64 for so long.

Rob:)

When I get home I will post the correct error message up!

See yaz

Last edited:

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
first of all what emulator are you using. second dont ask for posts if you want to be around here long. then when you find out what emulator you're using either post here or go to that emulators section. if it's Ultra HLE go to the Supra Hle section. and make sure you post your system specs. (Video Card. OS, MEMORY all that good stuff)

OP
R

robskinn

Zelda error!

Hi,

My specs computer specs are;

emulator = Project64
OS = Win XP pro
Graphics card = GForce 2 MX/MX400 64 MEG
Cpu Memory = 256Mb
Processor = Intel 1.5 GHz

The error message I am receiving is;

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at 801EC000
Unknown 7C 7C OE 79
Stopping Emulation

This happens whenever I actuley hit one of the 2 lizard men, not before, which suggests to me that the game code is calling a faulty piece?

Can someone help?

Rob:)

OP
R

robskinn

What does it mean?

I have got to the root of the problem but still don't know the solution? Is there a way around it?

"unhandled opcode"
CORE Unsupported games, bad ROM, or insufficiently strong self modifying code handling method.

Cheers,

Rob :)

OP
R

robskinn

Ohh

I didn't notice that you'd made a help file, I was reading a different .html file, sorry, have read it now and there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, cheers for your help,

Rob

Mr. Frisbee III

Have you checked the ROM with GoodN64? No? Why not? Go do it! Oh yes, and in the first post, was that a ROM request?
robskinn: "if so where can i get another zelda rom coz I can'not find one anywhere?"
:plain:

OP
R

robskinn

Who pulled your chain!

Have you got nothing better to do than try to get fellow Members thrown out of this Forum, If not, Why not, Go out - tosser,

Rob:pissed:

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Noone is doing anything wrong by bringing it to your attion that ROM requests are not alloud on this board.

Your lucky you weren't banned. So just clam down, it's OK... Pay more attion to the ruls and then noone will tell you them.

OP
R

robskinn

I know that ROM requests were not allowed from my first post, so I do not need everyone pointing it out - I am grateful that I was allowed to stay in.

I didn't like the attitude of the member who pointed out the obvious, I am sure he is a very helpful person, but you don't need people pointing things like that out. Hence noting better to do!

Rob:devil:

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Well I apperntly have nothing better to do currently...

You should have read the ruls when you joined. For not doing so you are being bombarded by millions of ppl (only 2, but that seem to be too much for you) telling you not to do that. If you had read all the stuff you were suppost to you'd already know about the gameFAQ.

If you stay around here for awhile you'll start to get sick of the same questions being asked 5 times a day too.

OP
R

robskinn

I would imagine that very few people actually read the rules as soon as they enter a forum, but I appoligise for having a go, the information I got was very helpful,

Rob

;)

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Yes, thanks. The information is very very helpfull, that's why it was all put together. Not all places have such great support. Heh, there are even may large companies that don't have support this well. :D

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
i think he got the point about no rom request when i said something in the FIRST REPLY. so people lay off. if you saw that it was said already you dont say it again. isn't THAT a rule?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Tri-Force said:
i think he got the point about no rom request when i said something in the FIRST REPLY. so people lay off. if you saw that it was said already you dont say it again. isn't THAT a rule?

no but it should be, i like that. the first forum with a "no repeating" rule. hmmm yeeeaah.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
oh yea, i just wanted to say: people, don't repeat things that already been said ok?

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Tri-Force said:
...so people lay off...

lol, people? It was only Mr. Frisbee III that was repeting. That would be 'person'. Me and rob were going back and forth about some things, but I didn't repeat what was already said.

And besides, you said "second dont ask for posts if you want to be around here long" With a typo like that I wouldn't excatly call your point clear. And I bet Mr. Frisbee III didn't know you said anything because of your mistake.

1 point I'd like to make Tri-Force, is that your the one that needs to lay off. Noone needs you to come in here to keep the peace or whatever you were tring to do.

The only problem was the attiude of Mr. Frisbee III according to rob as he explained in one of his posts. Please read the whole thread next time