What's new

close to a month and no post in tot

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I haven't even run an emulator in at least 6 months. :) It's pretty stagnant, but that will happen when it no longer attracts pirates. Everyone who remains are interested in emulation itself. :) There, I have posted in tott.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
i got tricked to check back here by spam actually...

i am looking for an emulator for PSP and a good one for DS for the near future, recently gave away my DS and sold my PSP years ago... but of course right after you give them away and think, "naaah i'm not gona play anymore", suddenly i see some games that might be fun about to come out... blah...

just when i'm ready to leave.... they pull me back in!!!..

Allnatural

Sorry, but my "once per month" posts are better. :p

azusa togashi 33.jpg

Flash

Technomage
I haven't even run an emulator in at least 6 months. :) It's pretty stagnant, but that will happen when it no longer attracts pirates. Everyone who remains are interested in emulation itself. :) There, I have posted in tott.
Heh, i can't escape - running emulators every day for at least 19 years :)

Cyberman

Actually I have numerous other projects but I am working on a pass through CD ROM device for the playstation 1 emulation. Right now I am just getting the DLL to compile.

The idea behind it is to use it for finding load patterns for games. Currently I plan on abusing that with FF8 and FF9 then vagrant story. Nothing highly technical it's just I am curious so I am taking apart FF8 Image data one painful agonizing piece at a time. It's for another project called Qgears. No one seemed interested in it and I am so I'm doing it heh.

I'm twiddling with my Pico projector and realized the angstrom version of linux doesn't properly support the brightness control for the projector. My next project is to rebuild the SD card image and then fix that bug (it turns the brightness full on and the thing starts having seizures after a while from over heating).

However higher on my priority list is getting YAGARTO running so I can build applications under windows for the beagle board or my ARM dev kit.

Plenty going on just not discussing it :D

Cyb

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Actually I have numerous other projects but I am working on a pass through CD ROM device for the playstation 1 emulation. Right now I am just getting the DLL to compile.

The idea behind it is to use it for finding load patterns for games. Currently I plan on abusing that with FF8 and FF9 then vagrant story. Nothing highly technical it's just I am curious so I am taking apart FF8 Image data one painful agonizing piece at a time. It's for another project called Qgears. No one seemed interested in it and I am so I'm doing it heh.
Cyb
Yeah, QGears, a project with great potential, but a shame that it never found some interested devs and only one person is still really working on it. I saw you on the QGears board, but didn't knew, it was YOU. :D

Cyberman

Yeah, QGears, a project with great potential, but a shame that it never found some interested devs and only one person is still really working on it. I saw you on the QGears board, but didn't knew, it was YOU. :D
Halkun is busy with developing a language learning game (Japanese English and visa versa) Akari is doing a lot and G is working on it. Activity is sporadic regarding me, and the documentation for the project is my current dilema. I tend not to work well without documentation. IE goals, API, tech docs etc. I write enough documentation were I work. That has been the biggest impediment for me to add stuff to Qgears. Since no one is working on FF8 stuff that is what I'll add (documentation for it).

It will be interesting seeing FF7 in real 3d instead of emulated GTE translated to 2d coordinates. With true perspective transforms and the like. The only way to create normal data for models and true lighting is a bit precarious in terms of accuracy. Anyhow Qgears is quite far along and other data sets are being worked on. FF7 is almost complete as far as I know. There are 2 primary coders not one it's been updated within the last 6 months at least once if I remember.

A lot of data sets are becoming available (Chrono Cross FF9) but FF8 is mostly lacking in the PS1 department. So I am going to use a brutal method to create the extraction system. It should be really interesting the data access patterns in real time (IE colorized access patterns). The added bonus is I can watch the 'CD busy' light from my plugin LOL.

Cyb