What's new

Chrono Cross issue - freezing up

Steve1987

Fool for RPGs!
Hi all, new to the forums but definitely not to emulation :)

Right now I'm playing Chrono Cross with ePSXe 1.60 (-noauto), and it's working fine except for one thing: whenever I go into my menu and select "Status" for Serge (don't know about any other characters, haven't tried it with them)... it freezes! D'oh! Just gives me that black screen and recurring music.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas? If someone's already fixed this and it's been talked about repeatedly, my apologies; I didn't find anything on my forum search.

Thanks a million!
Steve.

OP
Steve1987

Steve1987

Fool for RPGs!
I did before I used -noauto for 1.60. The v1.5.2 froze simply when I hit Triangle to open my menu, and that's definitely a game-hindering bug; I can live without ever checking Status. Just thought I'd check...

Allnatural

I've never experienced the issue you're talking about, though last time I played was on an older version (1.5.2 I think...maybe 1.5.1). Anyway, could be a framebuffer setting that's causing the problem. Head over to NGEmu and search the the boards. There's been numerous threads dealing specifically with CC.

OP
Steve1987

Steve1987

Fool for RPGs!
Update:

I was running the game off of a burned CD, and decided to try simply playing the ISO, and... wow. Just wow. Such a huge difference, and no more glitching up AT ALL. :)