What's new

Chankast won't load Ikagura

krisli

Hey there,

I have a problem. And yes, I read the FAQ. :s

It seems that Chankast 2.5 Alpha has a problem recognizing my Ikagura.cdi file - it just shows up as a audio CD, and I can't select anything.

I tried downloading the Utopia boot CD and mounting it with Daemon tools, but it does the exact same thing. (I got all three versions, seems to be no difference)

Please help me here, as I have no idea what could possibly be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

OP
K

krisli

Agozer said:
Which CDRom plugin are you using?
Ehm, I was using the "CDRom Interface xxx". I tried switching to "CDRom interface aspi", and now I get a "Cant Read TOC from l: drive". I don't get it.

Are there other plugins? If so, which should I get?

OP
K

krisli

Okay, I think I got it somehow working. However, it stops at this screen:
ikaru.JPG

I can't get past that. I set up my controls and everything. Nothing.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
krisli said:
How exactly do I do that?

I don't own a Dreamcast. I downloaded it all.
Start Chankast without mounting an image. Then goto File and the BIOs should notify you that the VMU isn't formatted.

OP
K

krisli

Agozer said:
Start Chankast without mounting an image. Then goto File and the BIOs should notify you that the VMU isn't formatted.
I cannot move around in the menu. Eventhough I set the controls in config.

Which controls should I map where to my keyboard?

Also, the menus are in Spanish or something: Juego, Archivo, Musica and Configuracion.

Thanks for your help so far, really appriciated.

Last edited:
OP
K

krisli

WhiteX said:
Archivo = File
Juego = Game
Musica = Music
Configuracion = Config.
I still cant do anything, since my controls dont work. I use keyboard/mouse, but it doesnt do anything. What could be wrong?

Agozer

krisli said:
I still cant do anything, since my controls dont work. I use keyboard/mouse, but it doesnt do anything. What could be wrong?
How about configuring the input plugin? Where did you download Chankast - all the menus are in spanish?

OP
K

krisli

Agozer said:
How about configuring the input plugin? Where did you download Chankast - all the menus are in spanish?
I did configure it. And the Dreamcast menu is in Spanish. Maybe I downloaded a Spanish dc_bios and flash...?

Anyway, the keys doesn't work and nothing happens. What could be wrong?

Agozer

krisli said:
I did configure it. And the Dreamcast menu is in Spanish. Maybe I downloaded a Spanish dc_bios and flash...?
The language of the BIOS has no effect on the emulator's own menus.

OP
K

krisli

Alright, but regardless of the menues language, why cannot not move around in them? I configured my controls perfectly fine.

OP
K

krisli

WhiteX said:
What input plugin you´re using?
ElSemi. Which should I use?

Tried DarkMan's input controller, but still NOTHING happens at the Dreamcast menu screen. I CANNOT make it move around, etc.

Last edited:
OP
K

krisli

WhiteX said:
does your inputs work on the plugin config?
Oh fuck. I finally got it working! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!

Now there's only one thing, which isn't really a problem: How do I get the Dreamcast menues in English?

And how do I save in Ikaragu? :eek:

Last edited: