What's new

Chankast Reboots

Shin Royce

Whenever I start emulation, after the Dreamcast logo appears and I set the clock, I am taken to the Dreamcast menu. After that, I go to "Play." A sound is played, the screen goes black, and then it returns back to the Dreamcast logo and the clock, and it is an infinite loop. Is there anyway to fix this?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Or you have set Chankast to read from a drive that does not have a Dreamcast game.
If that were the case and his Dc_flash.bin is fine, then the set date/time screen would not reappear and the BIOS would simply say that there's no disc inserted.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Oops, I misread the post. I thought it returned him to the main BIOS screen, not the Set Time one. My bad.

However, whenever I do not have a DC game loaded in the drive, Chankast just leads me to the BIOS screen, and does not inform me that there is no disc inserted.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Oops, I misread the post. I thought it returned him to the main BIOS screen, not the Set Time one. My bad.

However, whenever I do not have a DC game loaded in the drive, Chankast just leads me to the BIOS screen, and does not inform me that there is no disc inserted.
Hm. I'll just say that it's been too long since I've tried running a game with no "disc" inserted, so you might be right. Meh.