What's new

chankast lags even at title screen on a good computer (dual proc)

achiles

Nighty0 said:
AGP drivers can be a problem too......
Please make sure you installed before nvidia forceware drivers.....
Download the lastest ones from Via or nVidia (who makes the chipset of your motherboard).......
Via 4-in-1 drivers from www.viaarena.com
nVidia Mobo drivers from www.nvidia.com
Intel ones dont need agp driver as i know...... (but dont have intel chipset for amd processors)

Yeah ill would unistall the graphic card driver from the control panel and reinstall it, it is possible and I have done it myself when iam tuning my settings for pc games I screwed something up, reistalling the driver will default any setting you may have modified that may affect chankast performance.

OP
S

spunk13377

achiles said:
Yeah ill would unistall the graphic card driver from the control panel and reinstall it, it is possible and I have done it myself when iam tuning my settings for pc games I screwed something up, reistalling the driver will default any setting you may have modified that may affect chankast performance.

alright im not at home right now ill try later.. any other ideas to try? thanks everyone we shall see... :( :)

astroduck

You can also try to defrag your harddrive cuz maybe you have too much stuff in your HD and that will degrade the performance of your HD. Also make sure you run the game with iso instead of CD. That might speed the emu up.

OP
S

spunk13377

i dont have an nforce motherboard and i cant find what drivers i need from via... i did however install the amd mobo drivers from amd's website earlieri with no results...

i also reinstalled graphics card drivers.. no dice
closed all running programs... no dice
run from iso... no dice
change priority... no dice
changed processor affinity to one processor... no dice

... no dice

im using a clean formatted system... no fragments etc.

im thinking its the dual processor thing for some reason.. there is nothing else wrong

ssj2joe

The chankast manual says some stuff about going into msconfig and stopping windows from running a lot of background programs, which helps the PC run chankast better. Also set your resolution real low. This has gotten me up to 75-80% of the actual speeds (from about 33%). I also underclocked the emu. I have a week PC though and your pc doesn't seem to lack in power, but you may just want to try it anyway, it may give you the speed boost you need anyway.

Oh, and I'm getting some slowness on doa2 despite the changes i make. I think that chankast needs a few more realises, that is all. Mainly because Soul Calibur and Capcom vs SNK run at good speeds with the changes. I think we've reached chankast's limit at this point. The next realise seems like it will take care of many speed issues...

OP
S

spunk13377

ssj2joe said:
The chankast manual says some stuff about going into msconfig and stopping windows from running a lot of background programs, which helps the PC run chankast better. Also set your resolution real low. This has gotten me up to 75-80% of the actual speeds (from about 33%). I also underclocked the emu. I have a week PC though and your pc doesn't seem to lack in power, but you may just want to try it anyway, it may give you the speed boost you need anyway.

Oh, and I'm getting some slowness on doa2 despite the changes i make. I think that chankast needs a few more realises, that is all. Mainly because Soul Calibur and Capcom vs SNK run at good speeds with the changes. I think we've reached chankast's limit at this point. The next realise seems like it will take care of many speed issues...

hey thanks for the suggestions ill give them a try in a little while... that seems like a really good idea with the resolution change. what fps do you get btw?
thanks again

mezkal

Man on a mission
spunk13377 said:
hey thanks for the suggestions ill give them a try in a little while... that seems like a really good idea with the resolution change. what fps do you get btw?
thanks again

I think we need to find out EXACTLY what motherboard you have. For the record I have two dual CPU boards, BP6 (intel chipset) and Tyan Tiger (Via chipset with AMD266-D). I fail to see why Chankast fails on your machine. I also think that 90% of the advice you've been given ( no insult intended guys ) has been far too general. This is understandable as your machine is unusual for most ppl. However, it does not help you :(

So I think maybe we should start from the beginning.

1. DETAIL your Specs - GFX card & chipset & brand, Motherboard chipset & brand, Memory speed & type. If you find this difficult too do I highly recommend using Everest Home Edition. It's free to use from www.lavalys.com. Once you run it, on the left hand side please open up My Computer and then Summary (both have icons like monitors). Right clikc on Summary and select Quick Report > Plain Text. Save these contents by clicking Save To File in the Report window. Make sure to save it somewhere convenient. Once you've done please email it too me as an attachment --> [email protected] .

2. I will go over your specs and then ask you some questions.....

3. We will fix the problem (hopefully).

Cheers,

Mezkal

ssj2joe

For doa2, i get full speed up untill i actually start a fight. When I fight, the speed drops to around 15 fps (i think thats a chankast bug). In SC and Capcon vs SNK, i get around 45 fps (out of 60), which is playable. Hope that helps.

WhiteX

I had the same problem using chanka with the tool that enhances the priority setting and the crazy thing was that when i slided it back to normal speed the problem went away!
Sonic Adv - 28 fps out of 30
Capcom vs SNK an average of 45 fps out of 60

fatalM4

i always get 4 fps if the chankast window is on my secondary monitor. not sure why that would be. i'm using a radeon 9800.