What's new

Chankast lack of speed

Riki

Hi there. I'd like to understand why Chankast lacks in speed. Is it the GFX engine?
I'd be very thankful if someone could bring me some technical information about chanka's lack of resources and what's is left to be done on chanka to get it better.

dirtbox

What are your specs?

I wouldn't hold your breath on Chanka getting anything more done to it, it's been on "hold" for almost 2 years. Meaning it's dead as a doornail.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chankast has been dead for almost three years now. People should stop asking to make it better. Even though there have been some hacks that have made it somewhat better, the sourcecode is needed to make any *serious* improvements.

OP
R

Riki

Ok. I was just thinking that someone else could take the project and get it finished. Since the creators of Chanka don't give a damn to it anymore. Why not?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Your guess is as good as anyone else's. As rude as it may be, the developers don't really have to explain their actions (or lack of action) to the public.

And yes, developers haven't released the sourcecode and no one seems to have any trace of it (leaked or otherwise).

spyguy0045

Hi there. I'd like to understand why Chankast lacks in speed. Is it the GFX engine?
I'd be very thankful if someone could bring me some technical information about chanka's lack of resources and what's is left to be done on chanka to get it better.

I wish I could limit the speed. With a core 2 proc, it runs about 10 fps too fast. figures.

synch

or can't release the sourcecode, its been so long, they might've died in a planecrash for all we know

I know they're alive: I knew one of them from a while before chankast got released. He's coding on something emulation related but, simply, not related to chankast.

Noone uses ChankEx no more?...

You could have at least pointed him to the page!!!

google "chankex" mate.
And before anyone askes.YES. .Im back.

Last edited:

JKKDARK

Noone uses ChankEx no more?...

You could have at least pointed him to the page!!!

google "chankex" mate.

No, none :evil: (LOL LOL LOL)

Anyway, his comupter isn't goo ,that's the problem. I can run Chankast with perfect speed.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
-=TRICKSTAR=-? You're ba-- oh, just saw the answer. Anyway, it's good to see you.

I still use ChankEx. Heck, I haven't used the normal Chanka since Chankex 1.4.7 was released.