What's new

Chankast Help

DjMavish

I'm new to chankast and I don't know what i'm doing wrong.I'm using Chankast Alpha2.5 and I downloaded a selfbooting copy of Jet Grind Radio mounted it into Daemon virtual drive and selected the drive in the options. It starts up fine but when it seems to load the game it just hangs up on a black screen, any suggestion?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
First off, don't insinuate piracy. By mentioning "downloaded", that can cause some frowns. Also, the image has to be of a self bootable copy. Any image or disc that needs to be booted with Utopia boot disc don't load in the emulator. And specifics would help, such as your pc specs, OS, video card, BIOS version used in Chankast (be it European, US or Japan. To ensure that the image is self bootable, burn it and test on a real DC to make sure it is.

Cid

Let me clarify some things. First of all, Utopia boot disc does work on Chankast but only for nonselfboot cd. If you didn't see a analog cd display on Chankast, the game is selfbootable. The Bios region doesn't really matter except in Daytona USA 2001. Try to update your video card drivers. Finally, is the game an Echelon release, if so maybe that is the problem.

OP
D

DjMavish

generalplot said:
First off, don't insinuate piracy. By mentioning "downloaded", that can cause some frowns. Also, the image has to be of a self bootable copy. Any image or disc that needs to be booted with Utopia boot disc don't load in the emulator. And specifics would help, such as your pc specs, OS, video card, BIOS version used in Chankast (be it European, US or Japan. To ensure that the image is self bootable, burn it and test on a real DC to make sure it is.

thank you for your help, i think i just need some better equipment and i apologize for the mentioned infraction.