What's new

Chankast Freezes

Munkles

Hey, i downloaded chankast yesterday played marvel vs. capcom 2 and sonic adventure perfectly fine but when i tried to play again last night chankast just freezes when i do anything... i hit start it wont even go to the memory card / no disc menu... when i try to load any game it just freezes i dont know what happened i have deleted it and re installed it a million times with the flash and bios

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What are you computer specs? Also, are you playing from a CD or from a mounted image?

OP
M

Munkles

using mounted images through daemon tools v4.00HE and it was workign perfectly fine yesterday chankast just doesnt want to do anything just wants to freeze when i try anything and my comp specs are
Windows XP Media Edition
1GB ram
nvidia 6800 256mb
Sound Blaster Audigy Avanced MB
Dual Pentium 4 3.ghz proccesors or something like that lol

Hiei-YYH

pcs are crazy sometimes, sometimes a software works then in the end of day isn't working anymore, like magic... i suggest you to format your pc

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Format the PC just for one game? Ugh. There are better things to waste your time and effort on.

ens04

same thing happens to me too, sometimes Marvel vs Capcom 2 freezes when I'm playing on training. & I am using Daemon tool 3.29

OP
M

Munkles

well installing 3.29 went horribly wrong i got the Blue Screen of Death everytime i installed it... and ens, its not that the games freeze its that i wont even let me start up if i hit run in chankast without any games mounted it just freezes wont even take me to the no disc menu and if i mount a game it still freezes.. i put chankast on my brothers computer which is exactly the same as mine and his works perfectly fine... i dont understand using the same things as me 2

OP
M

Munkles

yea i installed it earlier and i deleted all my chankast files reinstalled it.. and before when i didnt have the bios and flash file in there it would say i dont have them but now it just freezes doesnt matter if i have them in there or not chankast doesnt care anymore it just wants to freeze no matter what

OP
M

Munkles

well thx for all the help i got it to work lol.. all i did was type chankast in search and deleted everything that had to do with chankast re installed it put the bios and flash file back in and bam it worked lol

OP
M

Munkles

i dont know chankast has a mind of its own i just deleted everything having to do with chankast except the install zip and my bios and flash folder and sometimes that didnt even work but now when chankast doesnt want to work i just try running with alpha 02a then i go back to alpha 025 and it works

OP
M

Munkles

i posted them on the first page they are
OS: Windows XP Media Edition CPU: Dual Pentium 4 3.0ghz Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce 6800 256mb Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB.. 150 gb Hard drive.. o and i think deleting the chankast files in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch helps too not sure maybe it doesnt lol

subquantum

I still have the same problem, despite the fact that I have deleted the files related to chankast inside the windows folder. Would there be any suggestions? My computer is using Geforce 4 MX on board display, with AMD 2500+ and 512 Ram.

JKKDARK

subquantum said:
I still have the same problem, despite the fact that I have deleted the files related to chankast inside the windows folder. Would there be any suggestions? My computer is using Geforce 4 MX on board display, with AMD 2500+ and 512 Ram.
Get a new video card