What's new

Chankast/DVD43 conflict

jaxon

Hello, this is my first post, and I would like to express how impressed I am with Chankast. I own a Dreamcast and was looking for a portable solution. Before buying a TV tuner for my laptop, I decided to check up on the DC emulation scene. And it's coming along very nicely!!!

***Ok, a tip to anyone who has DVD43 installed: make sure you close DVD43 before you load a disc image into Alcohol or Daemon Tools. If not, then Chankast will incorrectly read the disc image. DVD43 is a tool that automatically removes dvd copy protection. I have no clue why the two programs would conflict, but they just do.

Last edited:

2shoes

I have had the same issue as jaxxon and it caused me a considerable amount of time wasting. I was able to run games from CDs but not from images.

DVD43 is a program that eliminates security from CD/DVDs so that backups can be made. By the way it is legal to own a backup of your own CDs :sombrero:.

Anyway DVD43 interferes with DAEMON tools because it causes the wrong track to be loaded from the game image (I think that's what happens).
I think that this information should be included in the F.A.Q. to save other people from commiting the same error.

As jaxxon said, DVD43 must be closed when using DAEMON tools to load an image. I permanently disabled it from starting up using the Startup list modifier in "Spybot Search & Destroy" (Tools > System Startup > DVD43 [untick]).