What's new

Chankast Doesn't Work In XP SP2?

Russ

I just installed XP SP2 on my computer and now when I run Chankast (the "Run GD-Rom" selection), my entire computer freezes. It never used to do this. Before I installed SP2, the games ran just fine on my computer (but with the regular slow down of course) but now my entire system just freezes instantly without any messages or anything.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm gunna roll back to SP1 soon I think, i'm also having alot of problems online with SP2 with websites timing out and rarely loading, which require me to refresh several times to get it to even detect the server! :term:

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
ive had sp2 for nearly a month now and ive had no problems with it, the websites u say u cant access may have something to do with the windows firewall it came with, just go into control panel > windows firewall and configure it there.

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
yes the error comes with chankast utilty whihc is speed pig probably you need to patch it for serivce pack 2 to change its way of loading i had this problem only with
service pack 2 i debug chanka memory so i found that the error is given by speed pig.dll if someone is there please fix it

guenthar

I have sp2 and I haven't had any problems with chankast and any chankast utility. Everything has run well except after using the echelon remover patch on SoA.

BountyJedi

guenthar said:
I have sp2 and I haven't had any problems with chankast and any chankast utility. Everything has run well except after using the echelon remover patch on SoA.
what remover patch?
the one posted by strange cus i dont know if that works cause he had some special version of 1st_read.bin

veritron

Dude, do you have an Ath 64?

If so, try turning off NX and restart. I dunno whether Chanka's a dynamic recompiler, but if it is, that'll fix that problem.

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
veritron said:
Dude, do you have an Ath 64?

If so, try turning off NX and restart. I dunno whether Chanka's a dynamic recompiler, but if it is, that'll fix that problem.

no it dosent work i have window xp service pack 2 beta i have installe sp1 now it works good but not working in serivce pack 2 and speed pig is the reason

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
service pack 2 final <--thanks i would try this pack
but my window-xp-sp2 beta is integrated i debug chanka memory it couldnt get a breakcall in speedpig.dll may be its archivaing is diffrent

OP
R

Russ

I removed SP2 and now Chankast is working again. Not sure why it caused my computer to freeze... I don't use Speedpig either.

Mr.Garrison

My problem is it gives me memory errors (like 0x0000000 and only 0's). I didn't have this problem before i installed SP2.
And no i dont have chankast utilities installed.

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
what to say perhaps you are using verion 1.0 i dont get error with normal chanka on sp2

smcd

Microsoft's site has a large page (actually several pages) regarding Service Pack 2 and that it can, and will, cause compatibility issues. I for one am not "upgrading" to SP2 for some time to come. Begging "please mr. emulator author do this" isn't helpful either, not to mention it's in the rules not to request things/features...

coyote_jones

i have sp2 and have no problems memory problems running chankast. i just have the normal problems... normal yeah right.

Govenator

guenthar

BountyJedi said:
what remover patch?
the one posted by strange cus i dont know if that works cause he had some special version of 1st_read.bin

I just found out the problem I am having isn't because the patch, it is a problem with chankast. While playing the game the dialog will suddenly corrupt but now I know if you push alt-enter it will be corrected.

Siro_21

I have been using the emulator for over a month with service pack 2 i havent encountered any major problems except for a few crashes which are normally present in emulators and particularly if it is in alpha stage...Anyways good luck running it.... on Sp2

Siro

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
YEH service pack 2 beta gives the error serivce pack 5--- something dosnet gives error with chanka

ggab

Emutalk Member
info:
File Name: AppCompat-XPSP2.msi
Download Size: 2956 KB
Date Published: 8/25/2004

Application Compatibility Testing and Mitigation Guide for Windows XP Service Pack 2

SP2 is more secure by default, and thus automatically provides Windows XP systems with improved protection. However, because system security becomes more restrictive upon initial installation, SP2 may also expose application compatibility issues. It is important that an investigation into possible application compatibility issues takes place prior to full deployment.

This guidance discusses the security technologies, an application testing process, incompatibility symptoms, mitigation techniques, and deployment scenarios. It makes no assumption about the size or complexity of the network, and is as relevant to peer-to-peer environments as it is to Active Directory environments

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...65-4eab-9132-fbe78ac14e4b/AppCompat-XPSP2.msi