GE Force 6200
768 MB RAM (yes 768)
Pentium 4 2.00 GHz

New Lappy that won't run Chankast right:

Windows Vista
Intel Mobile 965 Express
3GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz

I get this starting up mah favorite Jet Grind Radio.
glitchy01tp4.jpg

Does my processor doom me to not running things correctly? Or is there something I can do? I've got ZWrite on and tried Alpha ZWrite, and I checked my graphics card supports T&L and i don't get errors for any of the stuff like SSE. Also my computer seems to run other games I play like Guild Wars fine. I've updated my drivers also.

Is there anything I can try or do? Why wouldn't Chankast be working correctly? :(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Your integrated Intel chip is the problem. Like most Intel graphics chips, it lacks hardware-based Transform&Lighting support, hence the graphics problems you'll see.

OP
W

Wolfcry

Hmmz, so if it's integrated does that mean I can't buy some different graphics card and install it? If I could buy one, what would you recommend, and isn't it farely troublesome changing hardware in a laptop?

I mean, I don't want to buy new hardware just for an emulator, but if there was some hardware that would make this work, and would also be a good investment for use with future PC games, I'd want to look into it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Laptops are designed in such a way that you cannot just go out and buy new hardware for them, save maybe memory modules. There are some newer models which have replaceable graphics chips, but AFAIK, those types of features need to be supported by the motherboard and are generally a lot more expensive.

Get yourself a desktop computer with a decent video card, it doesn't even have to be a top of the line card.