What's new

Chankast and Online...

bugga12

Is chankast compatible with online stuff?

Like PlanetWeb Browser to configure and then games to play online?
If not are anyone planing on adding this feature?

Thanks , bugga12

IZeroI

Banned
I Am Pretty Surw Online Compatabilities On Chanksat Will Be A Reality Later On In The Development. As Of The Use Of The Web Browser . . . Why Would You Care To Use It . . . Original Online Games "Unreal Tournament, Phantasy Star Online, Bomberman Online etc." Will Not Be Played Online As It Did On Consoles When The Games Were First Released Because SEGA Discontinued All Online Play Servers For All Of It's Dreamcast Games. Hope This Helps.

OP
B

bugga12

well zero pso servers are up and runing again , so maybe others maybe in the future will have theirs runing too ? the only thing that was shutted down was the Dreamarena nothing more... and there are UT and PSO private servers for the dreamcast you can use a codebreaker to connect to them

Thanks Bugga12

IZeroI

Banned
Interesting. But Online Dreamcast Games Will Probably Not Run On Chankast Not Sure, But Maybe Others Lke Street Fighter Will Have IP Connecting Properties.

P.s. You Are Kind Of Rude Bugga12

boomboom

what about implementing kaillera?
shouldnt take too much effort
and i realise a problem with it is sync with all the different framerates
but everyone gets the same fps in the capcom games so it could be used for them atleast
id like to play capcom v snk2 online with mates and god knows i cant do it on dreamcast since finding a broadband adaptor is nearly impossible ;)

Heinster

Well there are enough reasons why not to use kaillera...... The most important reason is that kaillera needs a steady framerate from BOTH sides..... And we all know that's practicly impossible in the recent version of chankast....

Heinster

nope cause although they are very playable the framerate is FAAAAAAR from stable... Even when ingame would be stable (and it's not) the still the menu's ar far from stable making it impossible to sync with eachother.... I bet that if you want to use Chankast in combination with kaillera you'll be looking at 0.6 or higer, far from the status it is now.....

There are also alot of other reasons not to use Kaillera mentioned before but I forgot.... But it were reasons that are not to be taken lightly.

Unknown User

Kaillera wouldn't be your best bet, and anyhow, Chankast will probably run online games using a similar method. All we can do now is wait.

S

SegaGamer

what the hell? PSO IS online. Quake 3 Arena is too. There are a bunch of others and its growing...

achiles

what about emulating the serial port for vs games?, some of them work already like virtual on and f355 challenge.

mezkal

Man on a mission
SegaGamer said:
what the hell? PSO IS online. Quake 3 Arena is too. There are a bunch of others and its growing...

That's not the issue with Kalliera bro. Kalliera is a technology that "emulates" remote user input as if its local, thus its need of framerate perfection. What you're talking about is if Chankast will eventually emulate the Modem and/or Broadband Adapter. Either of these are needed for games online support like those you mention. If Kalliera is used that means we'll potentially be able to play ANY Dreamcast game online - coz each session will emulate each person as one of the 4 inputs for ONE SHARED virtiual Dreamcast game.

In either case or even if it never happens Chankast rocks!

Cheers

T-Kimura

no kaillera please, runs like ass and spammers are running wild on it now, i could not imagine playing chankast on kaillera.

feartetsuo

I agree with t-kimura. Kaillera wouldnt be the best choice for online chankast. I mean to shut people up and get chankast online ASAP it would be fine. But for actual smooth reliable netplay kaillera really shouldnt be used.

achiles

what about using the serial port. it would be a good start up point for emulating the dreamcast network capabilities. Iam pretty sure the bba and the modem use some of the networking components of the serial networking port.

OP
B

bugga12

Well Ill just wait then , but Chankast team no kaillera please , try to use a TCP/IP prtocol to work with the emu to connect to the web using PlanetWeb or something

Thanks for your time and posts

Note - Sorry for being rude Zero , please sorry i apreciated ur post i was just explaining sorry again =)

jdsony

Yeah Kaillera would be totally different from emulating the modem/broadband adapter. Kaillera would be for implementing internet play in games that are normally just standard multiplayer on a single console with multiple controllers while broadband/modem would probably work much better as it would be just playing Dreamcast online games online but with an emulator instead of the real system so theoretically you would be able to play against people using real DC's. Now if only somehow someone could get the Seganet server software for some of the games that have gone offline. There's still a handful of games that work online though, check out www.onlineconsoles.com.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hey... guy, please wait for a new version and and be happy with these things you have now.
Online functions will be implemented in a later version, the futur will show what kind they will use. And if you don't like it, you can change it with version 1.0 (if it will ever come out, because of there are so many lamer and hackers, I see, that the project will be destroyed in not to many month!).