What's new

Chankast alpha 0.2 released

R00ster

Glitcher said:
SON OF A *BEEP*!! I still can't get it to work with MVC2!! Chankast 0.2 behaves in the exact same way as 0.1! So much for that "improved compatability" talk. And don't bother downloading Daemon 3.29, sssmax. It may make the ioControl error go away, but the emulator will just close after loading the bios instead. All this waiting for nothing. Cheers, Chankast.

LOL!
Noob alarm!!!!
You maybe don´t recognized it, its still na alpha,they just worked three month on it, go an buy a dreamcast then you have 100% compatibility, you don´t deserve this emu and go to your mum and cry!!!

madprofessor

zito oi penses
refration what are u talking about? 0.2 rocks. many fixes, stable... whats the matter with u?

awesome stuff chanka team!!!

Stezo2k

S-2K
infinity-dc said:
Your another idiot. Just because one game doesnt work you think the authors are bad? you dont deserve shit from them.

i agree, if i was a moderator i would warn him before i ban him, like it was said above, if you don't like it, get a DC, its one thing complaining, but when peoples hardwork has gone into it; it just takes the piss

Remote

refraction said:
compatability improvement was exactly 0% on the games ive got, F355 which is suppose to have improved compatability doesnt get passed the sega logo, DOA2 LE doesnt work and the games that do work are pretty much the same as in 0.1 but more graphical errors.

nice try chankast team, bit of a dud this one, keep up the good work tho, i look forward to seeing what you bring us in the next release, but for now im still at square 1 with this one.

if you try games that aren't supported, pretty obvious they aren't going to work. and if chankast doesn't do everything you want / need when getting it for free and when the authors do it for free and by interest, make your own emulator...

sssmax

RE CODE VERONICA: Thanks

jaregs said:
Try Deamon Tools 3.29 fixed the problem for me

Thanks a lot!!! With DamenoTools 3.29 it works!!!
So the game runs good, graphics is nearly perfect... the only issue is that it runs sometimes too fast (about 55/60 fps) and sometimes too slow (10/11 fps)... so it's not completely playable!
The other thing is that in the Inventory objects are not visible, neither the map.
Important thing... it works under WINDOWS 2000!!!

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Remote said:
if you try games that aren't supported, pretty obvious they aren't going to work. and if chankast doesn't do everything you want / need when getting it for free and when the authors do it for free and by interest, make your own emulator...

i wasnt flaming, i was saying i had no extra luck with this one, but the release notes state "better compatability games like F355 Challenge" yet you try F355 challenge and the furthest you get it the Sega logo.

Heinster

Good to see a new version.....

Virtua fighter 3TB does work now just like Soulcalibur..... But they do run very slowmo on my P4 3GHz 1GB mem ATI 9800 :(...

MvsC2 runs in my opinion better with far less graphic glitches

The joypadconfig is only a big stepbackwards..... The way it looks is indeed far better and makes more sense.... But the more important thing is now I can't get my analog sticks to work which did work on the 0.1 version.... Chanka even freezes thanks to this T_T

Glitcher

I wish I could buy a DC, but I'd need a TV to go along with it. I'm just a humble college student, you know. And besides, the DC controller was created in the seventh circle of Hell. I'll stick to my keyboard and Adaptoid, thank you.

OzTm

To see the objects in the inventory and the map in Resident Evil Code: Veronica, you just have to select "Use AlphaTest ZWrite" in the Options menu -> Configure Video.

Great work Chanka Team

Fullmetal_U

Hmm nice!
but MVC2 working slower then before!
and they didnt fix the bugs in the 2D of CVS2

and what about the full screen feature?

but still this is a great emulator!

such a great work in the alpha!
(wating for the full version!)

Last edited: