What's new

CHANKAST 0.2a & 0.25 SPEED PROBLEMS

Piuma

Hi, I use chankast 0.25 & 0.2a with the chankast utility and i always set in task priority "ABOVE NORMAL", but with games like soul calibur and dead or alive 2 LE.... I can't play!!
The emulation is too slow!! :bye3:

My PC configuration is:
Athlon XP 2600+ :bouncy:
512 MB Ram :bouncy:
Radeon 9800PRO 128MB DDR :bouncy:

Should I buy other 512MB RAM????? :term:
Should I change my CPU?? :term:
Or I just have to wait for next release??? :yawn:

Please write me soon,
Thanks to all! :p

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Who said it's supposed to be fast? I get very playable speeds in Soul Calibur but not in DOA2, if you can't deal with it you'll just have to wait until they optimize it a bit more.

OP
P

Piuma

Cyber_64 said:
buy a real dreamcast if you want speed.

I've got a real dreamcast but i prefer to play on the pc with best resolution.

In Soul Calibur i have 37/60 fps but in dead or alive 2 i have 23/60.

The next release will be more fast?

Other 512 Ram can speed up the emu?

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
No, it's more CPU dependent. Just wait until chankast is fully compatible with doa2, and try setting the priority below normal, it might speed it up.

elbe

Strange said:
Hmm - 37fps in SC is too slow for 2600+
Something is not normal...

I also starting thik that my speed isn't normal - i read that ppl wht slowem cpu then my has better speed - any1 has any ideas why my speed isn't normal ( i've got 1700+ o/c@ 1.9ghz, and for ex. SC runs 30 - 40fps wht 114cpu, VF3 20-30fps, doa2 15-20,)

jdsony

Don't worry about it. Everyone's has a different system so everyone is going to have different speeds. The emulator is still in it's infancy and isn't full speed in complex games for anyone yet. Tweaking things will get you no where, or at least not to the speeds you would like to see, there is no magic speed boost trick. If it's too slow just wait until it progresses and you can play the games at more enjoyable speeds. Until then just play the games that do work well. I haven't even tried Chankast 0.25 yet because I bought a Dreamcast during the last version. When the emulation gets faster I will definetely use it more for the high res graphics.

By the way, how did you get a 1700+ to 2.4ghz? That's getting close to a 1ghz increase in speed.

Last edited:

Strange

By the way, how did you get a 1700+ to 2.4ghz? That's getting close to a 1ghz increase in speed.
Yeah... Just good CPU sample + good motherboard + some manipulations in BIOS with voltage/FSB clock etc...
BTW its really strange what people with 2400+ and 2600+ etc have 30-40fps, even on my non o/c(1480Mhz) Cpu i getting stable 40fps in SoulCalibur and 20 in DoA2 :-/ So maybe its just bad PC config or system bugs or drivers or etc ....

Last edited:

defektm

i have athlon xp2000 ,and gf4ti and i got 27-37\60 fps in soul calibur.The strange thing for me is that its always the same no matter what resolution.Aslo window and full screen dont change a thing.For example 640X480 in window works exactly the same as 1000X700 full screen!?And when i under clock this virtual cpu it shows that i have 28-32\30 fps so it should be ok ,but game still works the same.Maybe its normal speed for this game? Did anyone get more than 40 fps on chankast?

Ruddrage

There are a couple of games that run fine on my systems and some that do not, i.e. DOA2. All we can do is be patient till the next release of Chankast arrives and hopefully we all should see an increase in speed. :bouncy:

Strange

2 defektm
Many people with good CPU(i`m too) have more than 40fps in SC for example...
2 Ruddrage
Hmm, good job with CPU o/c =)))

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
My P4 3.06 @ 3.4 pulls over 70FPS in Soul Calibur, easily. :p

I have HT disabled if that matters. ;)

Last edited:

Strange

Good job :) Looks like newest P4 with right hands can show good fps in SC ;)
What about DoA2? How about screens in SC thread?
p.s Looks like your CPU on 3.6Ghz wasn`t stable...

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Nope, 3.6GHz isn't stable, failed Prime95 after a few minutes. :p

I'll post some shots later. I'm getting around 28-39 fps in DOA2.