What's new

Chanka shuts down?

BlindBandit7

So sad... I just got the bios for Chanka (it was a long long struggle) and it crashes on me. Here's some info:

Trying to run Lodoss war, it is in an iso format now, and I boot it up with Deamon tools -- I'm running Chanka 1.4.7 and at the startup it asks to configure plugins, I be sure to mount the game before booting Chanka, click ok at the config screen - and it briefly shows controller setup and then shuts down?

I dunno what would be the next step to get this thing to work? Please for the love of god help -- I'm so close ^^

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It's Chankast, not Chanka.

Anyway, you have said anything about your computers specs. That would be a good start. Besides, I'd urge you to use nullDC over Chankast.

OP
B

BlindBandit7

Intel Pentium 1.50 ghz, 504 mb ram, laptop, windows xp, its a hp dv4000 with gl graphics support, etc -- is there any more info that would help?

It runs Guilty Gear for ps2, so dunno why it wouldn't run dreamcast?

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Intel Pentium 1.50 ghz, 504 mb ram, laptop, windows xp, its a hp dv4000 with gl graphics support, etc -- is there any more info that would help?

It runs Guilty Gear for ps2, so dunno why it wouldn't run dreamcast?

You mean it runs guilty gear full/decent speed on pcsx2 on that laptop? :plain:

My laptop is 1.50ghz , 1gb ram and 64mb gfx card and i doubt it would do that.....Also doubt it can run dreamcast at a decent speed either. Im willing to test and find out though, although i highly doubt what you have listed is at a playable speed. I could be wrong and im not saying you wont be able to play dreamcast games on your laptop, but just dont expect most of them to play at a enjoyable framerate

Last edited:
OP
B

BlindBandit7

Ya - it runs Guilty Gear Isuka, the new one very well ^^ No problems at all... Thats the pc version though, so prob a big difference between that and ps2 emu i bet ^_^ Anywayz, I've been wanting to kick chankast - it's not making me very happy not starting :( maybe it just doesnt wanna be friends with my comp....