What's new

change full screen to windowed

Tiger1

I have a problem if I have to switch from full screen to windowed mode because I have to change joypad settings or something. If I hit Alt+F4 it crashes sometimes, or the game gets slow and it changes the windows resolution to the full screen resolution. I have to press Alt+F4 about 4 times that the screen is right.

If I'm in the internet an a pop up pops up Project 64 gets minimized, if I want to maximize again the games run again, I hear music playing but the screen stays black.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Tiger1 said:
I have a problem if I have to switch from full screen to windowed mode because I have to change joypad settings or something. If I hit Alt+F4 it crashes sometimes, or the game gets slow and it changes the windows resolution to the full screen resolution. I have to press Alt+F4 about 4 times that the screen is right.

If I'm in the internet an a pop up pops up Project 64 gets minimized, if I want to maximize again the games run again, I hear music playing but the screen stays black.
I've seen many things in my life but I have to admit that I've never seen a program that uses Alt+F4 to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode... :p

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
PsyMan said:
I've seen many things in my life but I have to admit that I've never seen a program that uses Alt+F4 to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode... :p

Alt+F4 Exits (closes) the Ap

Tiger1 said:

When it goes black screen just: Press Esc to go to window and Esc to go back to Full

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Gent said:
Alt+F4 Exits (closes) the Ap
Of course it does; but for some reason Tiger1 supports that Alt+F4 is used for something else... (he was confused apparently) :whistling
My joke was probably unsuccessfull...

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
PsyMan said:
Of course it does; but for some reason Tiger1 supports that Alt+F4 is used for something else... (he was confused apparently) :whistling
My joke was probably unsuccessfull...

Nah sorry I Gented :D i was meant to Quote Tiger 1 saying If I hit Alt+F4 it crashes sometimes :p and then quote the rest. i got the joke just messed up the Quoting :D

OP
T

Tiger1

I'm dump, sorry, I know its ALT+Return... but the problem is like I wrote... sorry

NeledIthil

I have the same problem, when I have to minimize screen and maximize it again, it turns black. I prees Esc to minimiz again, but nothing happens. I press Alt - F4 to close the app, but it remains black. I even call the task manager or other programs but still the same. The only I've managed to control it is putting my computer to sleep and waking it up again, or simply close the program when I have to minimize.

Try to match PJ64's resolution with your Windows resolution.

If it doesn't help, try out different graphics plugins. EG Rice's video plugin is almost capable of the same as Jabo's Direct3D, but it works in another way. It fixed this problem for me. Get it here.