What's new

CDI music error

pumekerus

I'm tring to run a CDI game, but chankast is thinking that is a music cd, I have the bios files and the configuration is complete, also I have the daemon tools and I'm using the properly,so... what am i doing wrong? the game is 102 dalmatians puppies to the rescue, my e mail is [email protected], add me so we can talk faster.

thanks!

Xtreme2damax

Have you tried with another emulator such as nullDC which is known to solve nearly all problems people are experiencing with Chankast? Not to mention Chankast hasn't received any updates since 2005 or any news on updates, nullDC is now the newest, fastest, most compatible and best DC emulator out there at this time to my knowledge. (I know JKKDARK is going to butcher me for mentioning this again)

Your problem could be due to a corrupt ISO, so you may want to try re-dumping an image off of the original disc with the proper tools.

Also it's not wise to post your email on a message board in public view as it makes you prone to spammers/bots.

NullDC forum and release thread at Ngemu

G'Day, X2DM.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Either the CD image is not self-boot, it is corrupted, or Chankast simply doesn't know how to work with it. Like it was already mentioned, Chankast has a host of problems, so it is advised that you look into other emulators as well, mainly nullDC.

P.S. This is a message board, and talking via email is certainly not faster than this. Also, you might want to refrain from posting your email address directly on the boards, unless you want spambots to grab that address and sending you offers of questionable material. You can put your contact info in your profile, and people can find it there.

Xtreme2damax

Either the CD image is not self-boot, it is corrupted, or Chankast simply doesn't know how to work with it. Like it was already mentioned, Chankast has a host of problems, so it is advised that you look into other emulators as well, mainly nullDC.

P.S. This is a message board, and talking via email is certainly not faster than this. Also, you might want to refrain from posting your email address directly on the boards, unless you want spambots to grab that address and sending you offers of questionable material. You can put your contact info in your profile, and people can find it there.

Definitely, I can't believe I forgot to mention or ask whether his disk was self-bootable.

Should see about asking a moderator to edit his email out. Seems like he hasn't replied yet and may likely not, gotta love those one post wonders. :p

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I'm tring to run a CDI game, but chankast is thinking that is a music cd, I have the bios files and the configuration is complete, also I have the daemon tools and I'm using the properly,so... what am i doing wrong? the game is 102 dalmatians puppies to the rescue, my e mail is [email protected], add me so we can talk faster.

thanks!

Wrong! Chankast thinks nothing, it's a problem present in new versions of Daemon Tools. Use v3.29 and it'll work.

Xtreme2damax

Wrong! Chankast thinks nothing, it's a problem present in new versions of Daemon Tools. Use v3.29 and it'll work.

Another thing I forgot to mention, damn I'm slow. :(

Yeah I also forgot about that you have to use 3.29 version of daemon tools as the newer versions won't work.

That is another reason where I'm glad to use nullDC and recommend it, as it eliminates the need for daemon tools since you can read directly from an image. This is handy for me, because for some reason Daemon-Tools 3.29 crashes my system, gives me a BSOD and restarts my PC everytime I install or try to use it.

However I have no prblems with the newer versions, and 3.29 works great on my second older PC.

Also Psyman is it possible you can edit his email out, or don't you have mod powers in this forum?

I didn't know you were a moderator here, I see you over at ngemu in the nullDC section where you have limited moderation abilities but I had no idea you were an actual moderator here at emutalk. :p