What's new

cd ok---problems with image

nfelekid

greetings to all chankast friends,
i am facing a problem and i would appreciate any help given.i have burned a cd with the game power stone in it which is played without problems by chankast.the frame rate though falls rapidly after 3 minutes(amd 2200,nvidia 128,768 ram)so decided to make it an image and run it from there.i select all the files make them an iso,and use daemon to make virtual drive.when opening with chankast (both with xxx and aspi plugin)the drive seems to be booting but ends up to be acknowledged as a music cd with one track...anybody knowing the error in my moves??please let me know.thank you

OP
N

nfelekid

to be honest i haven't.i think of think not as good as chankast.i will though..does this mean that the procedure i follow is ok?anyone?

Xtreme2damax

to be honest i haven't.i think of think not as good as chankast.i will though..does this mean that the procedure i follow is ok?anyone?

Actually NullDC is buketloads better than Chankast right now, it has better Compatibility and Speed. Only thing is it doesn't have a Joypad Plugin right now, so thus the need for Mapping programs such as Joy2Key or Xpadder;)

I wouldn't even bother with chankast at this point. it is an Outdated emulator with no updates or news on it for over two years. A lot of games don't run or run poorly on Chankast.

I would stick to a recent emulator that is in development Such as NullDC or Demul. I recommend NullDC as it runs very good if your PC meets or exceeds the minimum requirements. I can run Sonic Adventure 2, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Sonic Adventure at Almost 50 - 60 FPS constantly. Also Sonic Adventure 2 is now Playable with Nvidia cards on NullDC and Demul with the DirectX Video Plugin.

I recommend NullDC over Demul only because Demul has Poor Sound and Games don't run that fast if you don't have a powerful enough computer. I only got 8 - 10 Frames Per Second in Demul on my old Celeron D computer with an FX 5500 and 1024 megs of DDR Ram. I now get 45 - 58 FPS on Demul since I got my new AMD 64 X 2 3800+ PC, however even at that speed the Sever sound issue with Demul still exists.

I recommend trying your game with both the mentioned emulators before anything else. If it still doesn't work or work properly, I or someone else will be glad to help you further so you may solve your problem:)

OP
N

nfelekid

thank you for recommending nulldc..it is great,i was pretty wrong with chankast..though didnt work.i repeat my situation and goal...
i made a cd (virtua striker) which runs on chankast...the performance is awful so i decide to run it as an image from hard drive...as a virtual drive by chankast is recognised as music cd.in nulldc (i made it through .nrg) is also recognised as previously...didnt try mdf or cdi..didnt find it a solution and dont have yet the tools(should i?).any recommendations ? the real question is if the speed of the game will be ameliorised much much..if the improval is small there is no point....any suggestions on using nulldc?thanks for reading and posting