What's new

CBFD final stage (Alien)

Vindio

I've had the enormous pleasure of playing Conker's
Bad Fur Day in pj64 1.4 with only one objection:
when i grab the alien tail and try to spin him, the speed is so low that i can't complete 360º. Is
this a problem of the control plugin (jabo direct input) or is just my "lack of ability" with arrows of the keyboard.
Thank you.

plazmay2k

well I had this problem, and i'm afraid you need an analog stick, like that of a gamepad, because an analog stick provides more angle points than a 4 way keyboard, so unfortunately, unless you have a gamepad, you'll not be finishing the game :( Just out of curiosity, does the frame rate go down once you reach the cutscene where you meet the fabled panther king? all way through the battle etc. I don't know if it's something that can be speeded up, I've had no problems with the speed in the game b4 exempt with transitions between game to cut scene, but then it speeds up again. I too enjoyed conkers, the ending.....well I won't give anything away lol, I'll let you find out for yourself. In any case, I'm sure someone will provide you with a save state whereas the boss is dead, you won't miss much, all you do is knock the bit** out and grab em, spin em out the window 3 times, imo it is one of the easiest bosses in the game if you know it's pattern.

OP
V

Vindio

I´ll give it a try with mouse and joystick, thank you. Hope i won´t have to ask for a save state.
By the way I did feel the slowdown before the cutscenes but only when they were being ¿loaded?
or whatever it takes to show them. Nothing special
to mention with the panther king scene only that the king looks kind of "transparent" in my voodoo 3000.

OP
V

Vindio

thank you arman

The mouse and nrage plugin with sensibility set
to 5% were enough to see the ending of the game.
Thank you all for your help.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Yeah, having a VooDoo 3 can be an advantage at times. For example, when I was using a VooDoo 3 3000 I didn't have flickering in Paper Mario, I mean sure many graphics wern't there and imges left trails where the sky was missing, but it was mush less annoying than the flickering ;)

Armitage

CBFD Alien

What are the exact settings for the mouse, because nothing happens when I am chosing the mouse.

OP
V

Vindio

You must configure the input plugin to use the mouse. Choose each of the directions and you'll have 10 seconds to move the mouse. Don't forget to set the sensibility to 10%. (with nrage input plugin).