Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

aprentice

2fast4u said:

please elaborate on your answer 2fast4u, i dont see how you could not support captial punishment if the circumstances qualified this decision?

Last edited:

GbaGuy

yes for now.

Once we know more about the brain, we can just alter it
so the person's not violent, take drugs, drive on the wrong side
of the road (depends on country), etc...

Some people don't seem to care if they get arrested or not, they
just do it anyway. More crimes should have a get-shot-on-the-spot
response from police. I'd want ("'d" because I don't actually pay any)
my tax money going to scientific research (don't care if it's Air Force or
NASA, although AF would probably get it done quicker if you convince
them they need it...).

and offtopic, making CAT5 cable is insanely difficult...

Eagle

aka Alshain
vampireuk said:
In certain circumstances yes

About time we get a real poll around here. Anyway, ditto to what vamp said. The only problem is setting the line between which circumstances we should use it and which ones we shouldnt.

JinXD

GbaGuy said:
Once we know more about the brain, we can just alter it
so the person's not violent, take drugs, drive on the wrong side
of the road (depends on country), etc...
Bollox to that clockwork orange idea!

IMO CP is in theory a good idea, but in practice just doesn't work. What if the poor sods innocent!?

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Who are we to play god? We are no longer following the old testament (some of us anyway). An eye for an eye doesn't cut it anymore. If everyone sought revenge, then no one would be alive.

Jakob

evil *******
I don't support capital punishment for a few simple reasons, courts are NOT infalable, in my opinion -- executing a murderer makes you no better than they are, life imprisonment is worse than death, in my opinion, and lastly, although this is not one of my reasons, I feel I should mention it regardless, it is far cheaper to lock someone up for life than to go through the legal proceedings to execute them.

Eagle

aka Alshain
pAsSiVe said:
I don't support capital punishment for a few simple reasons, courts are NOT infalable, in my opinion -- executing a murderer makes you no better than they are, life imprisonment is worse than death, in my opinion, and lastly, although this is not one of my reasons, I feel I should mention it regardless, it is far cheaper to lock someone up for life than to go through the legal proceedings to execute them.

As for the first, its not the courts that execute people. The idea behind it is its "the people" that execute people. Thats why we have juries. Second, we arent executing them to make them feel pain, we are executing them because we don't feel they have a right to live. We arent looking for whats worse for the prisoner, we are looking for what needs to be done for the better of society. Again this is the idea behind it, not that I necesarrily support it. The third however is true, it costs a lot more to execute a person than to simply keep them in prison.

liteuser

I'll be Back!
With solid evidence , DNA , video footage , photo or else . I vote Yes
otherwise no , cases years ago never had DNA tests and come to find out now , some have tested old evidence been proved to be false. Its rare but has happened. Still some states do not have Capital Punishment, I think Texas is the leader with the most per year, here in the states.

smcd

Hell I support capital punishment for murderers and cases of treason. Although according to the Bible we aren't to judge, if there are inexcusable cases (i.e. caught in the act with multiple witnesses and stories all match up) then I'm even for skipping "right to a fair trial" and hang the scumbag right there on the spot. Sure, it's brutal, unusual, and possibly unethical... but do some research on countries that exhibit this sort of law, and then look at their crime rates...

OP
DuDe

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
pAsSiVe said:
, I feel I should mention it regardless, it is far cheaper to lock someone up for life than to go through the legal proceedings to execute them.

Wrong, it costs thousands of dollars to keep murderers in maximum security prisons, not to mention food, laundry, medical treatment and all sorts of other stuff.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
DuDe said:
Wrong, it costs thousands of dollars to keep murderers in maximum security prisons, not to mention food, laundry, medical treatment and all sorts of other stuff.

Compared to less than $1 for a bullet :D

Jakob

evil *******
of course DuDe, I assumed there would be an actual trial and the appeals all the way up to the supreme court, in the US atleast it is far cheaper to imprison for life, of course, in say, russia, it's probably quite cheap still