What's new

Capcom To Unveil New 2-D Fighting Game

JKKDARK

Check what I found here!

Capcom, a publisher that once ruled the video arcade on the strength of its fighting games, hasn't produced a traditional 2-D fighter in over three years, much to the chagrin of its fan base. Today, their Japanese arm decided to rile up said fan base by posting a teaser trailer for a new 2-D fighting game, to be unveiled soon.

No details were given as to what that game might be. The site says the game is a "Capcom original," which could mean that it's a new franchise, but could also simply mean that it is not based on an outside license.

Fan speculation has already run the gamut: Street Fighter IV? Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Rumormonger "neo2046" at GAF says that it's based on their Devil Kings (Sengoku Basara) franchise, and developed by Guilty Gear makers Arc System Works.

I doubt it'll be a Street Fighter game, as I believe the rumors that control of the storied martial arts franchise has been handed to Capcom's US division and the artists at Udon Comics. But apart from that, your guess is as good as mine, at this point.

I loved these VS games by Capcom, I played a lot the Dreamcast versions ^_^

revl8er

That Damn Good
Now that is great news. I personally prefer the 2D fighting games over the new fighting games that are out. I still consider Killer Instinct the best of all time.

flowrent

D you think a 3D Street Fighter 4 would be nice ?
Or SF should always be 2D ? As for this next game , i hope it's not cartoons again..

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
SF should always be 2d, I'm just saying that some 3d fighting games don't suck, like SC, Power Stone, etc

revl8er

That Damn Good
Of course all 3d fighting games aren't bad, but most of them are. I just prefer to play the 2d ones. I do like games like Tekken, SC and VF though.