What's new

Cant seem to Run around in cicrles very fast :P

bowie

Good Morning / Afternoon All :)

Using the latest build (0.5) everything is running smashingly, accept from my ability to run.

I'm using a N64 controller through a no name.... (wait its a BOOM N64/PSX to usb adapter :p) and, well simply i cant seem to have the joystick input set to 100 up, or 100 down, nor left or right in any game i play on mupan.

Back in windows land, it works using 1964 flawlessly ;)

I note in there emulator their is a switch to change the % felt of the analogue stick input.

Is there any other plugins that exist for mupen that might offer similar functionality. Please don't make me visit windows to play games.. you will make me cry :'( :nemu:

Apologize in advance for any threads that may exist around this topic. My searching results proved nothing, but that just might mean I'm retarded :p

Kindest Regards..
Bowie

csi

Good Morning,

you might want to install jscal to calibrate your joystick properly.
On a ubuntu, enter sudo aptitude install joystick, then call jscal by its name and follow the instructions.

Cheers

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Using the latest build (0.5) everything is running smashingly, accept from my ability to run.

I'm using a N64 controller through a no name.... (wait its a BOOM N64/PSX to usb adapter :p) and, well simply i cant seem to have the joystick input set to 100 up, or 100 down, nor left or right in any game i play on mupan.
You should consider trying out Mupen64Plus. mupen64 hasn't had a release since 0.5 which was released in 2005, but Mupen64Plus is in active development right now. I don't know if Mupen64Plus will address your problem, but since it's in active development, you're more likely to get it fixed:

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/

I note in there emulator their is a switch to change the % felt of the analogue stick input.
This is an interesting feature. I'll take a look at it and see if it's something we might want to add to blight input.

Toasty

Sony battery
apt-get would be more widely used than aptitude...
Both have a similar effect. Actually I've come to prefer aptitude though, since it tracks what you've installed, along with what dependencies were installed with it. Then if you remove an item you previously installed, its dependencies are removed as well, so long as nothing else is using them. A matter of personal preference though. :)

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Both have a similar effect. Actually I've come to prefer aptitude though, since it tracks what you've installed, along with what dependencies were installed with it. Then if you remove an item you previously installed, its dependencies are removed as well, so long as nothing else is using them. A matter of personal preference though. :)

I worded that a bit broadly (quick post :p)

What I meant to say was apt-get to my knowledge is installed on all versions of Linux by default (straight out of the box)

Whilst aptitude has to be installed on certain Linux distro's.

Could be wrong but that's my understanding of the matter :evil:

Toasty

Sony battery
For the most part, APT is only used on distros that derive from Debian, since it was originally designed for Debian's deb packages, but it has also been modified to work with rpm's too (via apt-rpm), and there is also an APT-like system for Slackware packages called slapt-get. You're right though, aptitude is only an optional front-end to APT. Both Debian and Ubuntu (the two most prevalent deb-based distros) include it out-of-the-box though, IIRC.

Personally, all the different package formats and managers in the Linux world drive me nuts. :p

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Personally, all the different package formats and managers in the Linux world drive me nuts. :p

All you need is Portage. :) There are a lot of great packaging systems in modern distros these days; they are Linux's "killer feature". We are finally free from RPM dependency hell.

OP
B

bowie

RPM's free from dependency hell?? :p As if.

I use Slackware so I'll dig up the source to jscal thank you all the same (stands with smug superior slackware user face on :p)

Thank you for your replies to guys, I didn't even know this mupen64plus existed. :S

Step 1) Finish Essays
Step 2) Waste an evening with said emulator.

I'll keep you guys posted :p

Richard42

Emulator Developer
RPM's free from dependency hell?? :p As if.

All of the RPM-based distros are now using higher level tools like YUM which alleviate this problem. I remember maintaining older Redhat 6/7/8/9 machines; what a disaster. That's a thing of the past now.

csi

apt-get would be more widely used than aptitude...
Astonishing how threads are getting popular here, it must be linked to the quality of mupen64plus. I just wanted to mention that my point was to inform that jscal is included in the joystick package for some distro, not to recommend a package manager. Have fun

OP
B

bowie

been looking for jscal source but with no luck...
Code:
locate
says its not on my system :(

Yum is still a pain in the arse tho :p

anyway.. might go have a proper look for the source.