What's new

Can't run .gcm file. Help please?

D-Voice

Hello.

I downloaded DolphinWx today and downloaded Super Mario Sunshine.

Super Mario Sunshine downloaded through uTorrent. Got a bunch of .rar files, luckily I knew what to do with those... Extracted them all to one .gcm file.

I run DolphinWx, in the main screen it sais: Dolphin could not find any GC/Wii ISOs. Doubleclick here to browse for files...

I doubleclick, browse, and select the .gcm file. Then all of a sudden, DolphinWx freezes and doesn't respond...

Any help would be appreciated? =]

Xtreme2damax

Well I guess you should of made a backup yourself instead of downloading it, piracy is frowned upon on emulation forums such as this one...

You probably downloaded a bad image, another reason why it's important to make a backup yourself instead of wasting bandwidth to download something and then finding out you just wasted your time downloading it since it doesn't work.

If you have a Wii and an original copy of a game you intend to use with Dolphin, you can make a backup quite easily. Just grab a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii version), use Google to find a guide on using the Twilight hack to enable your Wii for homebrew, install the hombrew channel, then download DVD dumper homebrew software, execute it, follow the on screen instructions to choose to dump via Wifi or to an SD card, insert an original copy of your game and voila you should have the game on your computer in little under an hour.

It sounds a bit complicated, but it's rather easy to do and ensures you get a proper copy/dump that hasn't been tampered with and can be sure it works.

omegadox

You are a pirate.
CIMG2333.JPG