What's new

can't copy soul calibur's data files b/c windows sees them as audio tracks

morpheusx

I have soul calibur on my drive,i ripped it to my hdd from a cd backup with clonecd.

I want to make soul calibur a self bootable game for my Dreamcast,the original back up was bootable,i gave it away but not until i copied it to my drive till i get some more cd-r's but when i burnt the soul calibur clonecd image with clonecd,it did'nt boot on my dreamcast,i even tried to use the utopia boot disc,still did'nt boot up,i want to try and make it self boot with "fastboot" but i can't copy the files from the image when i mount it with daemon tools b/c windows sees the game as 1 audio track,at one point,i could see the files when i mounted it,now i only the audio track in the virtual drive mounted with daemon tools,how can i see the files so i can copy them to selfboot's data directory?

Thank you much in advance :0)

Last edited:
OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Nightmare said:
did you try with a tool like winiso ?

yes,i did try to open it with winiso,it gave a error,"cannot open file:appears to be a invalid format image" i try to open the clonecd image aswell,winiso opens but there is'nt any files,complete empty space in winiso.

The crazy thing is,the image is fine,it boots up in chankast smooth with no error,proformance is another thing,lmao,but anyway,i even mounted the cdi i made from the mounted clonecd image,same thing,works fine.

anyone as confused as me yet???

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
humm... it's strange... generally these things happen only if you try with a cd-r/w, cos dreamcast can't recognize it...

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Nightmare said:
humm... it's strange... generally these things happen only if you try with a cd-r/w, cos dreamcast can't recognize it...

even stranger in the fact that soul calibur boots in chankast but not in my dreamcast,even after i tried it with the utopia boot disc,nothing happends at all,i'm at a loss :0 (

rcgamer

the old guy
well this whole thing makes no sense. you said you wanted to make it selfboot with fastboot, then you said it worked fine in chankst (wich means it is already selfbooting) . Im wondering if you didnt use fastboot to make the original image that you burned to disk?

Samus

Its because you're just double clicking on the drive, windows thinks its an audio disk and loads up your default cd audio player. To browse the disc, just right click on the drive and click explore.

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

rcgamer said:
well this whole thing makes no sense. you said you wanted to make it selfboot with fastboot, then you said it worked fine in chankst (wich means it is already selfbooting) . Im wondering if you didnt use fastboot to make the original image that you burned to disk?

I did'nt use fastboot to make the original image,i downloaded it couple years ago,the original soul calibur backup self booted in my dreamcast but the clonecd image i ripped to my drive does'nt boot in my Dc,only in chanka.

Last edited:
OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Samus said:
Its because you're just double clicking on the drive, windows thinks its an audio disk and loads up your default cd audio player. To browse the disc, just right click on the drive and click explore.

I am not double clicking,even when i mount the image,windows automaticly pops a folder in my face with the mounted clonecd image of soul calibur,windows sees it as a audio file,nothing to do with clicking explore at all,wish it was that easy.