What's new

Cannot see anything!!!

Mitsuhashi

I've tryed to use the dolphin emulator but, after loaded an image (pe Ikaruga), the only thing I can see is, for a 1/4 of second, the gamecube logo. After that it's all black even if the core and video percentage are both >50%.

I use WinXP Pro SP1 with a Radeon9600
I've tryed also on WinXP Pro SP1 with nVidia GeForce2

Any suggestion?

Last edited:

jareg

Just A Guy
Mitsuhashi said:
I've tryed to use the dolphin emulator but, after loaded an image (pe Ikaruga), the only thing I can see is, for a 1/4 of second, the gamecube logo. After that it's all black even if the core and video percentage are both >50%.

I use WinXP Pro SP1 with a Radeon9600
I've tryed also on WinXP Pro SP1 with nVidia GeForce2

Any suggestion?

Its still a teaser so dont expect much ´but ikaruga should run a little bit
Here is a link hope it helps

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=23699

OP
Mitsuhashi

Mitsuhashi

The problem is not of Ikaruga.

It does it with every game image i try to run (shrinked or not).
Appear a 'flash image' of nintendo logo and after that is all black...

Ok, it's a teaser but I expect at least some image of the game that everyone claim to run succesfully...

Thanks anyway

JinXD

Mitsuhashi said:
The problem is not of Ikaruga.

It does it with every game image i try to run (shrinked or not).
Appear a 'flash image' of nintendo logo and after that is all black...

Ok, it's a teaser but I expect at least some image of the game that everyone claim to run succesfully...

Thanks anyway
What others games have you tried? Have you changed any of the settings in Dolphin? Interpreter or Dynarec?

yah, i think the profiles here need to ask what version of videocard driver and directX people are using ... then when a question arises by a person without a profile, we know what to say ... :D

jareg

Just A Guy
Actually i dont think the guy has problems with his Pc because he said that he can see the Nintendo logo that means the emu runs so it must be the game(s)
Ok If you have Ikaruga Pal then try to shrink it or wait a bit longer

ViperK8B

Gamecube Fanatic
yea in ikaruga when you load the rom u gotta wait about 30secs or less on a white screen then it should start up. :icecream:

OP
Mitsuhashi

Mitsuhashi

I tryed Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Ace Golf, Superi Mario Kart, SC2 and Pikmin too with the same result.
I've the latest video driver installed (for both radeon 9600 and GeForce2 MX400) and the latest DirectX.
With Ikaruga I've waited for 2 minutes but the screen was always 'black', not white.

No, I've not changed any settings of the interpreter...

JinXD

Mitsuhashi said:
I tryed Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Ace Golf, Superi Mario Kart, SC2 and Pikmin too with the same result.
I've the latest video driver installed (for both radeon 9600 and GeForce2 MX400) and the latest DirectX.
With Ikaruga I've waited for 2 minutes but the screen was always 'black', not white.

No, I've not changed any settings of the interpreter...
Out of those games you have, only Ikaruga and Mario Sunshine will show anything (the others may show a logo but thats it). Oh yeah and so will Mario Kart DD, if thats what you meant by 'Superi Mario Kart'.

Your Radeon should be more than capable of running Dolphin, have you tried Dynarec with Ikaruga? Try some button bashing aswell..... :whistling

Ctrl+Alt+Delete ... what % is the CPU running at? ... what processes are taking up most of the %? ... sometimes, another running program might interfer ... plus, with these questions answered it would help trouble-shoot. if everything is idle and just sitting there 1-3% then we know that the emulator has stopped ... if the emulator is at a constant high percentage ... it's probably caught in a loop somehow ... if another process jumps in and is very high, i might try to collapse that one and see what happens.

also helps to have a profile ... knowledge of whether or not Hyperthreading is involved is good.

Last edited:

jareg

Just A Guy
Have you tried shrinking it ;) (Worked with my ikaruga)
Might help

PS: Post a screen with Mario Sunshine Running in the emu

OP
Mitsuhashi

Mitsuhashi

ViperK8B said:
first of all dont spam post. :spam:
and second is the FB button on or off when u play the game?

What do u mean with "spam post"?

However the FB button is off when I play the game.