What's new

can this make true??

cablecity

The last summer a new version of pj 64, before little time the new 1964.

Each version tries it brings bigger compatibility with as much as possible more games, but however, no one untill now offered the most most important in my opinion.

The automatic choice of best plugin for each game.

Now it should for each game we change alone us the such right plugin , but thisit is not easy for all of the people..

I believe that it will be a great think if it becomes and then yes, this will be a enormous progress and it will bring a lot of new world in emulation world

Trotterwatch

Automatic choice of best plugin wouldn't work though, as some people find Rices is the best plugin - whereas someone such as myself may find that plugin to be totally useless due to it's instability.

The per game plugin settings I believe is the best thing that could be done. As it allows you to set particular plugin combinations for certain games.

Surley the answer is in ini files isn't it?

Smiff did a lot of work a long time ago in identifying problems with certain dumps and suggesting solutions for them, in fact he even invented a new standard for classifying the error types.

If the ini can suggest what to use, surley all the front end has to do is read the ini file and choose the corresponding plugin?

Allnatural

sytaylor said:
Surley the answer is in ini files isn't it?

Smiff did a lot of work a long time ago in identifying problems with certain dumps and suggesting solutions for them, in fact he even invented a new standard for classifying the error types.

If the ini can suggest what to use, surley all the front end has to do is read the ini file and choose the corresponding plugin?
1964 does this as of 0.9.9, but I think the original poster wanted the emulator to choose the "best" plugin automatically. This is impractical of course because plugin choice has proved to be hardware dependent to a large degree.

People are just going to have to experiment and find the best per-game configuration for their systems on their own.