What's new

Can get Corn to work on xp?

L

Lachp30

If your system specs are good enough, why not try 1964, or Project64?:)

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Version 0.3- is known not to work on anything besides Windows 98 (and possibly Me). Versions 0.2 and 0.29 are more likely to work.

supergamer

Banned
Why do you use corn? The project is already dead, and corn 0.29 does support only 20 roms. If you have win XP, you have probable enough CPU-speed to run a better emulator. If you haven't, use UltraHLE. And you can overclock your CPU a bit if it runs too slow.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
well, Corn doesn't need a fast computer to run, i used it when my computer was crap, it ran mario 64 perfectly, as far as I know corn should work on xp.

Supergamer, people don't need to explain to you why they are using a paticular emulator, thats their choice, overclocking is extreamly dangerous if you don't know what you're doing as well.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Tusaka said:
Is there a way to get corn to work on xp (ntfs)? I open the rom and imedely the window closes....

I am Glad you mentioned the format of your Drive... I guess this proves that Corn doesnt work on NTFS Partions... Corn has a weird bug in it, It doesnt Work Correctly under FAT16, When you open a Rom, it just Closes... No Work around unless you decide to make the HD FAT32... BTW, 0.29 does work under XP using WIndows 98/ME Compat. mode...

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
Corn 0.29 works perfect under Windows XP (Even under NTFS AND without Compatibility mode).

P.S. Don't say It's wrong, I've tried it! :)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Emu&Co said:
Corn 0.29 works perfect under Windows XP (Even under NTFS AND without Compatibility mode).

P.S. Don't say It's wrong, I've tried it! :)

For Plain Windows XP It sure does Go unstable after a while... I would LIke to see your drive properties...

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Corn 0.2 and 0.29 work fine for me too. I haven't tested too much because it has a nasty habit of eating up 100% of CPU power even though it doesn't need half of it.

Corn 0.3- just crashes on trying to start a ROM no matter what.

OP
T

Tusaka

The reason I'm trying to get corn to work on xp cause simply my spec's SUCK!

PII 400
256 sdram
16meg vipper 550
40gig 7200 rpm HD
With windows xp

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Tusaka said:

PII 400
256 sdram
16meg vipper 550
40gig 7200 rpm HD
With windows xp

What rom are you trying to run?

L

Lachp30

Tusaka said:

PII 400
256 sdram
16meg vipper 550
40gig 7200 rpm HD
With windows xp

Prehaps you should try 1964. Have you tried CORN under XP compatability mode?

supergamer

Banned
Tusaka said:

PII 400
256 sdram
16meg vipper 550
40gig 7200 rpm HD
With windows xp

I recommend to use a dual boot with win98. A PII 400 mhz with XP is too slow.

Vchat20

I mainly use Corn myself to run Mario 64. all other N64 ROM's I use PJ64. and most run really well on my 333MHZ system!