Calling Dom:

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
i give up....

.... i'll just let smiff and his troll buddies troll away....

i mean, i have no choice obviously.

lol@martin.

name calling, man, what will you guys come up with next.

PLEASE QUIT TROLLING SMIFF!!

there is room in the emu scene for a uhle derivative, get over it.

rhy

Jakob

evil *******
crhylove: the problem with uhle derivitives is that they raise false hope in a lot of people who know next to nothing and then they'll start going around to every forum whining and complaining that it doesn't do much of anything new, now please get over yourself, telling other people what to do has never worked and will never work on forums, I know this from experience

Trotterwatch

edit, and trotterwatch, that was almost a good post, but don't limit what uhle can/can't do. we don't need any negative energy in the ENTIRE scene, including the original emulator, and/or it's derivitives, thanks.

I wasn't intending to be negative in my last post, just realistic. Perhaps I overstated the obvious however. I will re-iterate that UltraHLE still has some purpose, and I will welcome any attempts to enhance it further, it's just that false hopes shouldn't be raised.

The advantages for UltraHLE to be updated:

Low system requirements
Runs quite a few of the more popular N64 games well
It was discontinued quickly, which means it probably isn't as optimised as it could be
Several features are lacking, which can be added easily

The disadvantages:

False expectations are going to be raised - however; whatever happens, I am sure people will not be disappointed

So, in conclusion I will remain positive and upbeat about a potential updated UltraHLE coming out, that adds something to it's legacy rather than detracts from it.

I do have to add, that Smiff isn't as bad as he is being made out. People may think he is unduly negative about UltraHLE (SupraHLE) as an emulator, but in reality I believe he is just stopping people from getting too high expectations. On the day the source was released, there were countless posts for example that seemed to imply that UltraHLE would soon eclipse PJ64 for compatability... that could never happen, as I am sure most would agree. In conclusion, Smiff is to the point, and says what he thinks.

Could everyone try and cool it though in this thread? Is it really worth falling out over something so trivial? So just all agree to disagree, and lets all start dealing in facts, rather than supposition. If you disagree with something that has been said, by crhylove, Smiff, me or anyone else, then make your point in a polite manner, rather than by beginning your arguement with a flame - which severely weakens any point you may have otherwise of had.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
replies...

trotter, i agree almost completely.

there's other pluses to though, and i think that running on older / less capable machines has more implications than the small minded / selfish / et al would readily guess or think about.

my specs are good enough for 1964 or pj, or even nemu, but i'm a proletariat friend. if that makes me a "retard", than so be it. i'm not a utopian, i just think that certain resources should be had by more than the shareholders of a few specific corporations.

as for the bridge dwellers, i'm not going to justify their sheep eating with a comment, oops 2 late already did. the irony here for me is the reality of my own suppositions so drastically changing over the course of one thread. hey, whatever. live and learn. i just at one point thought some people/things were cool, and now i've come to better conclusions.

as a teacher i deal with enough immature teens professionally, doing so after hours on a chat/forum is hardly worth my time.

regardless, my efforts will continue on this, and i'm here for comment/question/ideas.

rhy

Azimer

Emulator Developer
crhylove said:

flame wars waste MY time when they come up and i'm trying to read about emu. besides which they are hurtful (obviously) to some people who have done some great things. (smiff's website, biased as it may be, dom's efforts that should never be forgotten in shle, which were worthy, and admirable, and many others i couldn't possibly name them all without doubling the size of this already HUGE post.

At least UHLE gets mention on Smiff's site.

I think you should just wait it out. I have my hand in as much as I can N64 emulation related. Like Project64, I would bet my life on someone making UltraHLE modifications. :)

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Love the cute bunnies Martin64! :)

Jakob

evil *******
And I'd bet my life on a bunch of whiney newbies bitching when it doesn't do much more than it already does, it doesn't matter if you believe that or not, it will happen because it's happened before at the mere possibility of a continuation.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
who is *Really* affected @ this point by whiney n00bs? i mean, they've been around forever already.

rhy

Jakob

evil *******
you have no idea do you chrylove, smiff knows exactly what happens as do many others, including myself

Smiff

Emutalk Member
btw, don't change your avatar.. whatever you do don't change the avatar... it's just what i need to get you banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.