What's new

Bust-A-Move runnning at 15 fps??

dingdong

Hello,

I uploaded Bust-A-Move 3000 on my computer and tried it out on Dolphin. It worked, but was only running at 15 - 25 FPS. I was wondering why it was running so slow because many other users reported Bust-A-Move running at speeds of 60-80 FPS! Anyhow, my specs are:

Pentium 2.8C
geforce fx5600 128mb
512 DDR ram

can anyone help me as why it is running so slow? i know i should be grateful it is running at all, but I am just curious since everyone else is running speeds much faster.

Thank you

kage

Any TSR's in the background? Antivirus software? Rediculous amount of spyware? Have you checked the above out yet?

Let me know and I'll try and help.

:ninja:

DOGG

Yeah you may have spyware.

Try the following programs in the order specified to fully scan your computer. Spybot Search & Destroy, Adaware, Bazooka adware and spyware scanner.

Then consider if you have: Directx9b, latest nvidia drivers, proper motherboard drivers.

BAM2K should run much faster, even on a system half as good as yours.

OP
D

dingdong

well, i closed a bunch of programs (never knew i had so many open), and now im reaching speeds of 80 - 100 fps! thank - you everybody!

does anyone know if there's a way to slow the game down a bit?

Stezo2k

S-2K
dingdong said:
well, i closed a bunch of programs (never knew i had so many open), and now im reaching speeds of 80 - 100 fps! thank - you everybody!

does anyone know if there's a way to slow the game down a bit?

sounds like it was spyware/a virus to me with all the apps open at the same time, i'd scan for them mate :)

as for the game, you could try enabling a few graphic optimisations like antialaising etc....

DOGG

Stezo2k said:
sounds like it was spyware/a virus to me with all the apps open at the same time, i'd scan for them mate :)

Yeah i highly recommend doing a scan with the programs which i specified. spyware S&D and bazooka are free. Adaware has a free version too i think which lacks extra features like ad blocking.

Stezo2k

S-2K
DOGG said:
Yeah i highly recommend doing a scan with the programs which i specified. spyware S&D and bazooka are free. Adaware has a free version too i think which lacks extra features like ad blocking.

i'd recomend spybot over all of them, that usually gets rid of the most

just be careful what you download, and you won't get any spyware bloating up your system :)