What's new

Bugs in new ported rice plugin

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
When he gave me the source he said that was because some part of the source code wasn't from him.

ciruz: i'll compile a debug build as soon as i have some time to reboot to linux. I'm not sure it'll help... Usually gdb only works with the nogui version if you use the dummy sound plugin. Check that you have the same problem when using that.

OP
ciruZ

ciruZ

When he gave me the source he said that was because some part of the source code wasn't from him.
Hm. Ok. That'd mean that he'd have to ask other people, too.
Thanks for compiling a debug plugin. I'll try it with the nogui version ASAP. ;)

// Edit:
Using mupen64_nogui without gdb:
Runtime error 216 at $B3E95B3E
$B3E95B3E
Using mupen64_nogui with gdb:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb3f1fb50 in ?? ()
What confuses me is the Runtime error with the hexadecimal adress beginning with $. That looks like Pascal. Well, and yes, I have a pascal plugin in my plugins directory. I removed it and it changed to:
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
The output with GDB is still the same. Ok, so it's not the fault of the plugin, that plugin only catches the error then. I guess there are good chances to debug it with a debug version of the plugin.

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
ok i've not forgotten about the debug version, i just don't have time to reboot to linux because i have to write a paper and the deadline is close :p

Just something i was thinking about... do you have disabled the option to dump texture ? Try to disable it, and enable the hires texture option of course.

OP
ciruZ

ciruZ

Hm, thats _REALLY_ strange. I had disabled it before and it didn't work. Now I disabled it again and it works, but I haven't changed anything else? That's strange. Maybe my recompilation to have mupen64_nogui fixed the problem? When I disabled it before, it was the precompiled version.
// Edit: Hm, but it's slow like hell now in the start screen of Zelda 64 (5 fps or so), but in the game it's better. Is that normal?
// Edit 2: And it seems to only work with Zelda at all. I renamed every file for mario into "SUPER MARIO 64#foo.png" and the folder has the correct name ("SUPER MARIO 64"), too, but I still get no hires textures. Only in Zelda.

Last edited:
OP
ciruZ

ciruZ

Ok, the bug with Depth Buffer = 32 is _NOT_ due to my gfx card. I got a 6800 GT now and it still crashes if I enable that. Also, hires textures still seem to work only in Zelda, nowhere else. Even after renaming every file and directory in the hires dir to uppercase letters with lowercase extension. Dump textures to files also crashes... The debug version doesn't give any useable information at all :(.
And the most annoying still existing bug: Only 640x480. If you could at least fix the resolution bug and the bug that only Zelda works with hires, it would be really great :)