What's new

Brightness

homerj

It seems my brightness is set to high on P64 however the brightness setting is greyed out in the options im running 1.6 any help would be great thanks

Clements

The brightness slider requires a GeForce 3 card or above (not GeForce 4 MX) to work. What is your video card?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
actually clements it needs pixel shaders v1.4+ so it doesn't work on the GF3..
even if it did work it wouldn't allow lowering brightness..
you need to use your monitor or graphics card controls. set up colour profile with powerstrip if you like.

Last edited:
OP
H

homerj

I am not sure if brightness is the problem or not. the whole picture isn't affected just certain parts. The game is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. At the top is the hearts on the left then followed by the buttons on the right they are all blurred. The sub select screen is as well this problem did not exist on version 1.4 but when I installed this one 1.6 it began.

Clements

Smiff said:
actually clements it needs pixel shaders v2 so it doesn't work on the GF3..
even if it did work it wouldn't allow lowering brightness..
you need to use your monitor or graphics card controls. set up colour profile with powerstrip if you like.

The PJ64 Manual needs fixing. :p

Smiff

Emutalk Member
@homerj, please post a pic of problem, perhaps annotated
@clements, yeah i didn't do the manual for 1.6 :p

Smiff

Emutalk Member
oh THAT. that's missing blend modes, it's a hardware defficiency. try updating drivers but doubt it'll help.

edit: now some help:
first try enabling 'legacy pixel pipeline' in video plugin options
then try v1.5.2 video plugin (included).
finally try a 3rd party plugin e.g. Rice's, Glide64.
ideally get a better graphics card to enjoy 1.6...

Last edited:
OP
H

homerj

No its an radeon all in wonder 32 meg card it is a bit old but after market not intrgrated

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no problem.. i'm hanging about waiting for something to finish, so i get to do some ol' one on one support :)

Fenrir.85

Computer Know-nothing
Well, What about me? I got a Gforce 4 MX it imposible to play certain game
like Starfox 64, Goldeneye, T.W.I.N.E, and Winback!
(wich is the main reason i use emulator since no real plugin help me with paper mario)
My screen is already working in 75% and even on 100%, it hard to see. Is there any way boost the brightness of the game with anyting?

Fenrir.85

Computer Know-nothing
Fenrir.85 said:
Well, What about me? I got a Gforce 4 MX it imposible to play certain game
like Starfox 64, Goldeneye, T.W.I.N.E, and Winback!
(wich is the main reason i use emulator since no real plugin help me with paper mario)
My screen is already working in 75% and even on 100%, it hard to see. Is there any way boost the brightness of the game with anyting?

Not all at the same time