What's new

Bouquets, not brickbats!

sultanoswing

Wow!

Due partly to new hardware (AMD 64 3000+, GF 6600GT), but mostly due to diligent plugin developers and PJ64 1.6, I can now play my two favourite games better than on my original N64!!

Zelda: OoT - perfect with Jabo D3D8, standard settings (+2xSal textures, 16xaniso, 8x antialiasing, 1024x960). Audio, no crackles. Mint.
Conker's BFD - perfect (incl. pause screen) using Glide64 ME SP8 (+SxSal)

Beautiful!

:icecream:

SoS

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well, glad to hear someone's happy. although, subscreen aside, are you sure you're getting better image quality in CBFD than Jabo's?
i did have to try that wrapper, it seems very well made, thanks :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You don't get shadows from Conker in that version of glide i believe, so Jabo's is the obvious choice.

OP
S

sultanoswing

Tres happy!

A minor compromise is indeed no shadow in CBFD - although - I can't remember - which plugin allows the flashing lights in the Night Club? IMHO, the image quality is excellent using either Jabo's or GlideME, so it's just a quation of whether you want subscreen (and ? lights) or shadow. I like subscreen personally :)

SoS

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Jabo's has dynamic lighting in 1.6. this also does for things like the underground flame effects (light bouncing around) in ZeldaMM. it's all pretty l337.
i personally think the in game quality is more important than the pause menu, but i understand why it bothers people.. you are likely to lose some texture alignment accuracy through a glide wrapper, i noticed that straight away with Glide64+wrapper in CBFD intro.

but yeah this is minor, if you're happy you're happy.

Last edited: